Tiger Wolf Spider

This was found in the 4th grade girl's bathroom (I teach 5th grade) and some teachers came running to me to get rid of it....thank goodness I was able to rescue it and set it free. It was one of the biggest ones I've come across.

p1953564612-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p2043055538-4.jpg

p1917748630-4.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Love the third one!

We were camping and some HUGE spider was a co-occupant of the shower stall! I freaked out! But in all fairness, he was there first! LOL!

Interesting I just noticed the red at the base of the Chelicerae. I wonder if this species might be a little more venomous than other wolf spiders. If you know of the Brazilian Wondering Spider, it's red hair at the base of its Chelicerae is a clear warning of its toxicity.

I like the eye level shots. Very cool looking spider. Don`t think that his bite is anything like the Brazilian wandering spider. If you want to read about something really weird Google it.

I know a lot about the Brazilian Wandering Spider. I'd love to photograph one, but wouldn't want to encounter one that I didn't know was there. Thanks everybody for the nice comments.

Latest threads

Top Bottom