Tillandsia

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Rob, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I purchased some 'air plants', last year. They are actually Tillandsia. One came into flower, just after I purchased my first camera, an Olympus C8080. The photos were sent to the plant seller for interest only, but as he had never seen one bloom he submitted them to the Bromeliad Encyclopedia; and behold they were published. :eek:
    The plant extended a beautiful bulbous growth, and from this several shoots came out on alternate days. The pollen area was approximately 2mm wide, the little puff ball in the centre was approx 1 - .5 mm.

Thanks to Virginia for placing the plants onsite for me. :Love:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  2. This is an interesting flower, Rob, but getting to the link was a little complicated.
    Paul aka MontyDog showed me how to insert pictures and I believe has a FAQ that show you how to do this. Hope it's okay with you that I insert the links so your pictures will be easier for others to see.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

t_oaxacana1_RP.
    t_oaxacana2_RP.

3. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks Virginia, that's much better. The long way round was my limited knowledge of 'Pooters. :smile:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Published ....Way to go :>))

Very good images.

Amazing the flowers air-plants have.
    So many varieties.

5. Very nice.

I used to have a thing for such plants. I worked for a company that did indoor plant sorts of stuff (like trees in malls, etc.) a long time ago and I slowly gathered a huge collection of them.

They are all long gone, but not forgotten.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Really cool pics, but even cooler that you got them published! Way to go!

7. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks for your kind comments, I'm trying desperately to prevent the celebrity status from going to my head.
    I'm presently dictating this to my secretary for the forum; my nail appointment is followed closely by make-up prior to the Late Show. :Depressed

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Rofl !!!!!!!!!!