Tim & Carly Erin

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, Mar 28, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    We did one set with these two doing the 80's United Colors of Benetton

I think they are just fun!

Nikon D200, Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S
    ISO 100, 1/250, f/8 @45mm
    [​IMG]

@ 35mm
    [​IMG]

2. Good job Scott, the models look they are having fun as well. Nice colors and good lighting. I like the first one the best.

3. Yup they are funny

The second picture is great, love it! Excellent capture.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Fun pics and a great mix of color. Like the 1st one best by far. The girl in the 2nd shot looks like she just fell from a 10th story building! Really diggin that background color!May I ask how you lit the background, and how you keep the floor area clean?
    Mine are always getting so dirty, that I have to cut some off before using next time.

5. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    The paper is Superior #61 'Blue Lake'. This is a four light setup. The key is camera right; Norman ML600R with a Photoflex 3x4' softbox and eggcrate grille. Fill is an Alien Bee AB800 with 48" octobox symmetric and opposite to the key. Key metered at f/8 on Tim. Fill metered at f/5.6 at Carly-Erin.

BG lights are AB-800's with 30x60 softboxes on board. Metered at approx f/5.6 but adjusted so test shots didn't come out like chroma key. I initially tried f/8 on the BG, but it looked like a bad knockout job. I needed to back them down quite a lot to make the shot look right.

As far as keeping the paper clean... Any color other than white will last quite a long time if you're reasonably careful. White is good for two shoots before I cut some off. Remember you can always use the back side of the paper too before you cut. Ancient secret :biggrin:

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Love these shots...what great work you do.

7. Scott, great shots...love them both...tremendous.

8. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks Seneca & John!

9. mikeyd86

mikeyd86 Guest

Hey, I have those shoes!

[​IMG]

Great shots, by the way. The colours and poses are both really lively and natural.

10. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    These are fun...

I love the color of the seamless paper used, it works well with your subjects and their clothing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.