Time flies and too hot to handle

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by alex from holland, Oct 22, 2005.

1. original.

original.

Just two for fun. The second has some noise. The camera was still at 800 iso and was a bit underexposed.
    I hate these programs like noise ninja etc. Don't like the plastic look.
    So there is noise. Who cares

Taken with my "old" and t"rusty" fuji s2

alex

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Don't care much for #1, but #2 is nice, well captured and could deserve a little more post-processing to bring out better shadow and low/middle tone detail.

3. I like VERY much the ethical and cultural contradiction in #1... very well thought and executed!

Thanks for sharing Alex!

4. Hi panos,

You hit the nail !!
    That's what i liked about the first one.
    About the contradiction. That's a very (im)popular subject at the moment in Holland.

Thanks

alex

5. Bjorn,

you are right, but it was underexposed. I tried several things but couldn't get it much better.

thanks

alex

6. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Try adding a copy layer in PS and set blending mode to 'screen'. That should brighten things up a bit. I much prefer this to using Curves on underexposed images, because you are not getting posterization. (On the other hand, you cannot take this too far or overall contrast suffers).

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Alex,

I too like them both but especially the first. These illustrate why I'll really never be a great photographer. I would never even think to take such shots.

Bjorn, thanks for the hint of the underexposed shots. I'm about to give that a try.

8. Thanks Bjorn,

I just gave it a try and it looks much better.
    I really don't understand what happens but it works.

alex

9. Come on Flew !!
    You have some great work on your site !!

Thanks for your comment