Time to break out the jerseys!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PLPhoto, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Sunday afternoon football is back! And let's not forget about Sunday and Monday night football.

It's a killer day too, Hanna has left, the sun is shining, there's a great cool breeze and it's just a few hours to kick off!!!

2. Well being more of a college guy I like Saturdays also. But yes football is back and my life seems a little more complete:smile:. Since the Gators put the beat down on Miami last night(sorry Greg) I am all happy today.
    Go Gators and Go Bucs
    Tim

3. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Gators didn't beat down on anyone.

4. Southern Utah University (Div. I AA) won its first game in two years last night. I credit this to my son-in-law, Ed Lamb, taking over as head coach this year. Go Thunderbirds.

5. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    My Giants already won, so my Jerseys have been out!:biggrin:

6. You for Ohio State by chance:smile:. 26-3, three touchdown favorites, which I thought was excesive, and covered the spread, with one touchdown called back. Miami has beat us the last six times we played and my hat is off to them for what they pulled off in the 80's 90's. It would not have ruined my day if the 'Canes had won. I still have to go to work on Monday. So nothing would change except a ballgame. By the way the worst call of the day was in the Washington BYU game. Anyone see it.
    Tim

7. I thought it was BS too. I have no problem with celebrating, it's part of the game.

8. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Not a OSU fan at all. But I watched the Gators/Canes game and it wasn't a beatdown. I realize they won by 23 points, but - they were close the whole game until the 4th. A beat down is FSU's 69-0, along with a few others.

I pull for Clemson, and deep down I cheer for ECU since my ex gf and her family are all die hard ECU fans.

And the REF from the BYU/Wash game should be fired. He should be ashamed of himself. That was one of the most pathetic calls of the year so far, if not the most.
    Who cares if they celebrate amongst each other, they weren't taunting the other players.

9. You should be happy, ECU took care of West Virginia( ranked 8th I believe). One of my friends is a die hard West Virginia fan and he was was in deep depresion last night. I told him that ECU was not a team to be taken lightly, they used to play Miami tough in the glory years. One that slipped away badly yesterday was Marshall and Wisconsin. Marshall led early, and then faded, and my heart still goes out to that team and town.
    Tim

10. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

I am, I have a few WVU alumni friends :)
    I also like what APP does, going to their game this year as well.

lol @ michigan

11. I did watch the BYU/Washington game and while the celebration call was cheesy and uncalled for it did not have an impact on who won or lost. BYU legitimately blocked the PAT kick and they too were slapped with a celebration call of their own. This was a hard fought game and either team could have won down to the last seconds of the game. The only possible impact of the call would be that it may have thrown the kicker off his rhythm. Either team would have been a deserving winner. Besides the best Washington could have hoped for would have been an overtime game (not a win) had they made the kick. During the game there were several questionable calls against BYU any one of which could have made a difference in the outcome. But hey, that's football. What good does it do to blame the refs? Facts are, BYU blocked the kick and won the game.

12. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Meh, you gotta take into consideration the penalty. That's a blow to any team

13. Go Ravens!

I may be a girl but I already have chips and buffalo wings and soda lined up!!

14. Deep breath...

(forget last season it's a new season, forget last season it's a new season, forget last season it's a new season, forget last season it's a new season)

15. I'm a niner fan, but don't hold that against me. Carne Asada SUPER nachos is the food of choice for Sundays! It might be too late, but we should have a fantasy football league(s) for cafe members. All in family fun, eh?

16. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yeah baby! I too was counting down the football days. GO TEXANS and WHOOHOOO for the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS LONGHORNS!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  17. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

I'm in. You can still start on on yahoo.

18. Mmmm, I miss carne asada burritos, nothing like that in New England though.

19. Go Broncos!!! I will be glued Monday night vs teh Raiders!
    College football not a huge fan, get roped into watching UCLA in the house though, and I'll turn in Cornhuskers if we get a game & University of WI. Now College Hockey is another story... One more month!!!

20. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I watched the Washington BYU game, and that stupid call DID change the game. We’ll never know if it would have changed who won. Never. Suspend or fire that ref.

As for college. The Oregon Ducks are my team. 2-0, and ranked 18 in the country. I used to never watch college football, but follow it real close now, and I actually have several favorite schools.

49ers are my team in the NFL. They may not be the team they used to be, but they are still my team.