Time To Cozy Up With Anne And The 50mm f/1.4 AI-S

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Well, I've been fairly busy recently so it took me longer than expected to finish editing the shots that I did with Anne for her husband's birthday present.

As indicated in the previous sets of shots, she has never been in front of a camera before, and was quite nervous and shy to have such skimpy clothing on in front of a stranger but I think she really did a great job.

These are the most natural looking in terms of posing and facial expressions and she has already told me that she loves the images, which is most important.

These were shot with my beloved 50mm f/1.4 AI-S on the D300 while sitting on top of a ladder looking down at her on this simulated bed we put together as a prop for the shoot. I shot at 1/160s, f/8, ISO 200 using 1 Elinchrom Style 400BX firing into a 36" x 48" softbox as the main light and a large white reflector for a fill source.

I enjoyed shooting these and learned a lot in the process. I hope you enjoy them too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Robert: Love the first one . Great light, fantastic capture. Her skin looks like silk.WOW.

Gregory

3. Thank you very much Gregory. She's a beautiful girl, no doubt.

4. onemorelens

onemorelens

Jul 3, 2007
    california
    Very nice the husband's a lucky man!
    I hope she was ok with her images in skimpy clothes put 'out there' on the web for all to admire.

5. Thanks John. Yes, I believe he is a very lucky man.

I never publish images without my clients consent. She had no problem with my posting these images.

6. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Wonderful stuff Robert, I am glad to see you're enjoying the AIS lenses, you seem to have quite a collection of them now.

The photos are great, I'm sure her lucky husband will be very happy with them.

7. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Beautiful shots Robert!! :biggrin:

8. Thanks Robert. I love the AI-S glass. It may not be Zeiss but it rocks and I'm now officially having a love affair with manual focus glass. I find there is a creative freedom in manual focus that I don't get with auto focus, and for studio work I can only see using AF on rare occasions.

Manual focus has opened doors for me and given me the ability to 'see' shots and to compose in a way I wasn't able to do with auto focus and selection of AF points. Some find manual focus to be a limitation and I see it the other way around. I'm hooked on manual focus and the more I use mf glass the more I love it.

9. Thank you Don. I appreciate that. :biggrin:

10. Theses are really nice photos Robert! Lighting and composition are excellent, and I'm not just saying that. Great job!

On a side note, I wish I was Anne's husband! Hahaha! :wink:

11. Thanks Jonathan. I respect your opinion quite a bit and that means a lot to me.

I have no doubt that Anne's husband is going to have a very happy birthday. :wink:

12. That a way Robert! Wonderful shots. These came out better than I'd expected. Thanks for sharing.

13. Thanks Tony. That's right. You saw the RAW unprocessed versions of these and I hadn't yet selected the keepers. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out and that 50mm f/1.4 is a dream.

14. Wonderful model and pics.

15. Thank you William. :smile:

16. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl Robert

well done

17. those are fantastic Robert, skin tones and lighting....

18. Very nice Robert. She looks at ease. Very well-photographed.

19. serf1

serf1

Jun 17, 2006
    Robert:

I like the lighting and you did well at putting her at ease. As I am a rank beginner re: lighting & portraiture, please view this question/perspective as my attempt to learn - the pose makes me uncomfortable. It seems like someone off screen right is dragging her across the screen & I feel the blood rushing to her (my) head. Is this just me?

Steve

20. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    Beautiful subject.
    I really like the first one.
    Nice work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.