Time to post a birdie

Discussion in 'Merritt Island I' started by Gale, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Come on you Florida Session Sand Baggers. With 10 gigs of pics, I know you got some hiding somewhere :>))

Could have used some reachhhhhhhhhh on this one.

Comments and critique welcome.

Regards
    Gale

2. Gale,

That is a wonderful shot. When I first looked at the picture I was drawn to the eagle's eyes........very intense!! Thanks!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Dawgy,

I like this one. But to much of a reach.. Quite a crop
    Taken with the D100 and 80-400 VR VR VR VR.. I sleep with it....lololol

Cheers
    gale

4. If I had that lens..............I would too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dawgy,

For me, it saved me from giving up the whole thing.

Tripod is to tough at times. My hands, arms and shoulders are weak and just to shaky.

That VR works. Don't ever let anyone says it doesn't. Actually I think that lens is less that the 70-200 VR.

Cheers
    Gale

6. That is nice for sure love the look in his eyes, very sharp

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale,

You got what I've seen to be a rare take-off shot, where the Eagle actually comes toward the cam. In most of the examples I've seen while out shooting these guys in the last couple of months, the bird flew in the other direction.... :?

Good capture. BTW, he wasn't coming after you was he? I mean, you are a small person.... 8) Guess not, you did survive to post the shot.... :p

Frank

8. This guy definitely has you in his sights. What intensity while he decides if he can take you or not. Nicely done Gale.

9. Somehow I missed this the first time around... things are getting so buy around here that's getting easier to do!

Gale - this is fantastic. You captured a fabulous moment, and you did it very well. Like Frank, I'm in awe of the fact that you caught one taking off in your direction. Don't think I ever saw one do that while down there.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Mike,

Long reach on this one. However, the effect worked ok. Focus on the eyes when I can.

Cheers
    Gale

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Frank,

Yes so easy to get the other end. To many other end shost I have of lots of flying things. Was nice to see the front for a change.

I remember saying to myself, oh crap, there he goes. hit the shutter in time for a change.

Thank you for the kind words.

Cheers
    Gale

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon,

I think he prob could have gotten me, however I was surrounded by much larger folks, so I was safe.

Suprised how clear the eyes showed at that didtance.

Thank you for the kind words.

Cheers
    Gale

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi David,

I missed so many shots, I am glad to get this one. Could have used an 800 MM. :>)) I can put a tc 2 something on this lens, however you have to shoot manual.

Might just do that one of theses days.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Cheers
    Gale