Time to shoot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alan, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Well school has started back and time for football season to start. I've got my media pass and I am ready to start shooting. This will be my first football season so I'm hoping for some good shots. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The best one I can think of is, don't stand in the way of the player while he is catching the ball...so I shouldn't use my 50mm I guess:biggrin:

2. dking99

dking99

Aug 19, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    When I shot with my D200, I had the 70-200 VR and got some great shots. The 50mm wont work unless you are shooting some of the players on the bench or maybe practice before the game.

My advice to you is to shoot as much as you can as EARLY on in the year - once that sun goes down, ISO 1600 @ f2.8 only gets you 1/60 if you are lucky! You wont get much with 1/60. You will absolutly need a monopod (good thing you have one) and take as many shots early on as you can...

Suggestion - Save for a D700. ISO 6400 will allow you to shoot in the dark if the field has lights.

3. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks Dave. My thoughts were as you said, shoot as much early on in the season. The 50mm was a joke:biggrin: