Time to update the forum title!

T

TonyBeach

Yep. plans are on the way to do that,

Might want to wait until someone here actually has one of these cameras.

Just for the record, I am looking forward to getting one myself when my finances will allow it; I expect it's D3 image quality with D300 performance.

Why not a separate area so there isn't tons and tons of stuff that's meaningless to D300 owners here as well as keeping our D300 stuff out of the new camera area. Anyone that cares to can go to the new area and those happy with the status quo can stay here.

T

TonyBeach

If they are interested in the new D700, yes.

If they are happy with their D3's [status quo], then you suggested they would not be interested in the hypothetical D700 forum.

Here's what I think, maybe we need 3 forums. Personally, I am not interested in the D3 because I can't afford one; but I may be interested in the D700 and I'm definitely interested in the D300 because I own one. Therefore, perhaps it's the D3 that belongs in its own forum

Note that the D700 forum is up here. I'll point out that our practice has been (and likely will continue to be) to have camera specific forums only as a temporary measure for a period of months after the introduction of new models, when interest and therefore related forum traffic is highest. At some point posts in from these temporary forums are merged into Nikon DSLRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the D700 forum is up here. I'll point out that our practice has been (and likely will continue to be) to have camera specific forums only as a temporary measure for a period of months after the introduction of new models, when interest and therefore related forum traffic is highest. At some point posts in from these temporary forums are merged into Nikon DSLRs.

May I suggest, Dave, if you haven't already, that you send out a general message telling people of the new forum.....if one uses CP as I do to bring up the forums of interest, and a new forum is added in lights, cameras, etc. I won't even be aware of it.

Just my 2C.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom