1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Time to update the forum title!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Harry Lavo, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ...:biggrin:

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yep. plans are on the way to do that,

3. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    I think it's time to delete a few threads - far too many saying the same thing

4. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

Might want to wait until someone here actually has one of these cameras.

Just for the record, I am looking forward to getting one myself when my finances will allow it; I expect it's D3 image quality with D300 performance.

5. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    Why not a separate area so there isn't tons and tons of stuff that's meaningless to D300 owners here as well as keeping our D300 stuff out of the new camera area. Anyone that cares to can go to the new area and those happy with the status quo can stay here.

6. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

You mean like those with D3 cameras?

7. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    If they are interested in the new D700, yes.

8. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

If they are happy with their D3's [status quo], then you suggested they would not be interested in the hypothetical D700 forum.

Here's what I think, maybe we need 3 forums. Personally, I am not interested in the D3 because I can't afford one; but I may be interested in the D700 and I'm definitely interested in the D300 because I own one. Therefore, perhaps it's the D3 that belongs in its own forum

9. Note that the D700 forum is up here. I'll point out that our practice has been (and likely will continue to be) to have camera specific forums only as a temporary measure for a period of months after the introduction of new models, when interest and therefore related forum traffic is highest. At some point posts in from these temporary forums are merged into Nikon DSLRs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. May I suggest, Dave, if you haven't already, that you send out a general message telling people of the new forum.....if one uses CP as I do to bring up the forums of interest, and a new forum is added in lights, cameras, etc. I won't even be aware of it.

Just my 2C.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.