Times Square and Orwellian Dreams (large pics)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Jul 19, 2007.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Theres always something going on in NYC

July in Times Square - 2 row 20 image panorama, nikkor 35-70 (click for larger image)
    original.

And heres something a little more mundame...

Orwellian Dreams - nikkor 35-70 (click for larger image)
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Robert,
    The second image is quite thought provoking. I really liked the first image. It captures the vitality of the area. I was wondering how you are able to get the people in the multi-shot panorama?
    Mike

3. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Wow I like the 2 shots How did you get the first one without fuzzy people?

4. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Both great shots

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Mike,
    That 2nd image has been sitting on my hard drive for months because I wasn't sure how to post process it. Thought provoking and possibly an insight into my mind:)

I have been shooting a lot of panoramas around NYC with people and your question frequently arises. All the credit goes to the software PTgui which automatically blends out most ghosting images. It also output in photoshop native format for additional post processing. I made a simple tutorial on this moving objects in panoramas if you are interested. http://rfcgraphics.com/Ptgui/tutorialptgui.html

Thanks for the comments

Hi Joepilot.
    All the credit goes to the stitching software PTgui. Check out my tutorial if you want further info
    http://rfcgraphics.com/Ptgui/tutorialptgui.html
    Thanks for the comments

Thanks Kwork for the kind words

6. Love the second one Robert! Was that taken outside the New York Library looking away from the Library? I seem to remember scaffolding like that there last March (2006).

Ronnie

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great work again Robert

8. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Outstanding work, Robert!

9. I love looking at your photo's. You capture the city beautifully.

10. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Thanks Robert looked at the tutorial, SWEET Good job

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Ron,

You are correct again. I am sure you have heard this before...you have a really good memory. Thanks for the comments

Hi Gale
    Ive been very lazy this summer, my camera sits around for weeks on end. I must be getting old :) Thanks for the comments

Thanks you Murreywalker for the kind comment.

Thank you Ddietiker. The cement and glass city never sleeps :)