Tinstafl's 52 Week Project Week# 45- 11/07/15

Well, I tried a 365 and a 52 twice before and health issues prevented me from finishing it. I do not recommend back surgery and then the next year to have 6 and a half weeks of radiation. The recovery time is pretty long and the thought of holding a camera was the furthest thing from my mind. I finally feel better and am ready to tackle it again so for the first week, here is one of my father. I will shoot them but probably not post them each week if I am traveling. That said, I hope I get some varied shots from around the country.

Week 1
A shot of my father, who is fighting the good fight in his 80s against cancer as well. I think you will see a few of him over the year as I want to make sure we have them for his kids and grandkids and greats one day.

First of all - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better after your problems and I'm sure your father will beat the cancer and have many good years ahead.
It is a great portrait of him (y)

Looking forward to shooting with you here in 2015

Best of luck with this year's project and congratulations on fighting your way through some extremely difficult things. Give my best wishes to your Dad for his fight. It's a nice portrait. Looking forward to your submissions this year.

Real Name
Chris
I sure hope you have smooth sailing health-wise this year Tin! I just checked out your smugmug and now I'm really looking forward to your year!

By the way, what shall we call you? Tinstafl means "there isn't such thing as free lunch", right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes it does mean that. I am in the financial world and laugh everytime I write it. Good catch and thanks on the smug comments. I have snaps and work in there over the years. I know I got better trying things on my last project so hope to learn on this one too.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi Tin,
all I wish for you and your dad is health.

... and welcome back. Just looking forward to your pictures.
The one of your dad is really good.

Regards from Germany
Klaus

Well this week was tough as it was super cold out and we had snow and ice. So, what do you shoot at 5 degrees and snowing.... Snow.

Cold - yes. Pretty - absolutely. That's a beautiful scene. I like the exposure and your composition very much.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Fingers crossed for your Dad. He looks like a fighter, and with his expression, that cancer doesn't stand a chance!! The snow on the evergreen is beautiful and I also like that image a lot. You're off to a great start!

Thanks Lyndee Loo, I laugh every time I see your signature. My wife's nickname is Lindee Loo.

We are suppose to get cold again and have freezing rain on Monday. I hope I can catch a few shots and not have to record any for insurance. I have the fireplace going right now.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom