Tiny beetles, id requested.

Here are some for the experts, I have no idea what they are I dont even know if they are beetles, the bodies are probalby around three mm long, the finger prints give a sense of scale.

They have a very interesting cluster of eggs.

These are with the reversed 28 mm at 2.47:1 and full size no crops.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Martin

Great shots,
Have no Idea the names.

But my pet Skunk of years ago preferred the brown variety. lololol Same size though. Looked quite alot alike.. But ....hummm they must taste different.

just a bit of humor for you.

Your images are always great and look foward to all of them

Can't help with the ID either Martin, but the shots are outstanding. I've got to try that reversed lens thing. 2.47:1 huh?

Gale said:
Great shots,
Have no Idea the names.

But my pet Skunk of years ago preferred the brown variety. lololol Same size though. Looked quite alot alike.. But ....hummm they must taste different.

just a bit of humor for you.

Your images are always great and look foward to all of them
I have no idea what they taste like Gale, I will leave the taste test to you and your Skunk. :shock:

My brothers Dachshund would eat Sow bugs, they were crunchy.

Thanks Gale.

Martin

Great shots Martin!
Boy, these hatchlings are really tiny.

What you got here are juvenile stink bugs. Maybe that is why Gale's skunk liked them :lol:

When you are not able to see the rostrum (that separates them from beetles) there is another feature which is characteristic for Hemiptera - the 4-segmented antennae.

What a great bunch of bugs! Don't know how you managed to get the focus just right!

If you look really closely, there is an image of Mother Merry (or an angel with halo) imprinted on the head of the first bug...

I've got the 50mm and reverse mount kit on the Christmas wish list :wink:, wish me luck...

Regards,
Jonathan

Lol I took a closer look, and the angel is gowing bald and has a big nose but there is a bit of a face on there.

I think there is a certain amount of luck to getting the focus right and you need good light, insects with hairs help since once you can see the hairs you know your in focus.

Thanks Jonathon.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom