Tiny beetles, id requested.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Here are some for the experts, I have no idea what they are I dont even know if they are beetles, the bodies are probalby around three mm long, the finger prints give a sense of scale.

They have a very interesting cluster of eggs.

These are with the reversed 28 mm at 2.47:1 and full size no crops.

29757129-L.
    29757126-L.
    29757119-L.

Martin

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots,
    Have no Idea the names.

But my pet Skunk of years ago preferred the brown variety. lololol Same size though. Looked quite alot alike.. But ....hummm they must taste different.

just a bit of humor for you.

Your images are always great and look foward to all of them

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Can't help with the ID either Martin, but the shots are outstanding. I've got to try that reversed lens thing. 2.47:1 huh?

4. Neat shots Martin...!!! Wierd little bugs... :wink:

5. I have no idea what they taste like Gale, I will leave the taste test to you and your Skunk. :shock:

My brothers Dachshund would eat Sow bugs, they were crunchy.

Thanks Gale.

Martin

6. Great shots Martin!
    Boy, these hatchlings are really tiny.

What you got here are juvenile stink bugs. Maybe that is why Gale's skunk liked them :lol:

When you are not able to see the rostrum (that separates them from beetles) there is another feature which is characteristic for Hemiptera - the 4-segmented antennae.

7. Cool, thanks for the info Harry!

Martin

8. Thanks Frank and Mike, the reversed is well worth playing with.

Martin

9. What a great bunch of bugs! Don't know how you managed to get the focus just right!

If you look really closely, there is an image of Mother Merry (or an angel with halo) imprinted on the head of the first bug...

I've got the 50mm and reverse mount kit on the Christmas wish list :wink:, wish me luck...

Regards,
    Jonathan

10. Lol I took a closer look, and the angel is gowing bald and has a big nose but there is a bit of a face on there.

I think there is a certain amount of luck to getting the focus right and you need good light, insects with hairs help since once you can see the hairs you know your in focus.

Thanks Jonathon.