1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tiny waterfalls in Iceland...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Joe Skulason, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    I posted these at the "Tokina 11-16" thread, but I have never posted in the landscape forum, so...

2862939667_055889bbde_o.

2818580473_cd90f5ede1_o.

2837130575_2acb1f379a_o.

Taken on a horrible tripod...

How do you like'em?

2. Very silky - how long were the exposures?

Sean

3. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    The first and third one were 30 seconds, the one in the middle was 1 second...

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

You should post more often in the landscape forum - these are beautiful!

5. h2oman

h2oman

Aug 17, 2006
    Quebec City
    I do prefer #1 and #3. if I had to choose one, #1 would be my pick. I like the tighter framing (or cropping), the sky in #3 is "flat" and from my point of view do not had anything worth to this shot. Maybe a HDR of this scene might have been interesting for getting a little bit more of the sky...

I would like to see a crop of #3 without the sky, because the stream would lead to the fall and that might be interesting.

Anyway, very nice shot, you're lucky to have found this very nice spot.

6. Love your pictures all of them...they are beautiful. Thanks for the info on the exposure. I am trying for the "silky" look and have not been nearly as successful as you have here.
    Thanks for sharing
    Barb

7. hawley088

hawley088

Sep 9, 2008
    PA
    how did you get such clear pictures with long exposures during the day?

8. Spectacular. I like #3 the best, but they're all stunning. Iceland has long been on my list . . .

9. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    Wow, thanks everybody! :smile: I really appreciate all the comments. I shot those 3 with the Tokina 11-16/2.8 (as i said before) and the D80...

The sky in #3 was just plain dull! I tried to get something out of it, but nothing worked... The nature here in Iceland is just amazing!

These were actually taken at 22:00 - 00:00. The aperture was somewhere around eleven - ISO 100...

Thanks again! :biggrin:

10. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Joe :

Nice work on these.

And yes, Iceland's a pretty amazing location. I haven't been there since '82, but I have wonderful memories of the visit.

John P.

11. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    stunning. #1 is my fav

12. #1 and #3 look great. I'm a big fan of silky waterfall pics.

13. beautiful pictures! #1 is #1 for me.

question on the long exposure; did you use a CP and/or ND filter?

14. Joe Skulason

Joe Skulason

Dec 4, 2007
    Iceland
    Thanks! I was going to use a 3 stop ND filter, but when I arrived to those places, the light was just horrible, and no need for a filter...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.