Tips for a new D2X owner?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfrancis, May 14, 2005.

1. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    My new D2X should arrive next week. Apart from RTFM :shock: does anyone have any tips for the new user?

2. Here's a tip.........HAVE FUN!! Well, that's a given since you will be the proud owner of the D2X!! :D :D :D :D :D

3. Yea, have fun and enjoy the feeling and the extrem quality of a fine digital monster that will surprise you in many ways! I think you have to read the manual first, but don´t forget to use it from the beginning. There are a lot of experience you will get from shooting photos.

I have this camera since 6 weeks but have still to learn a lot of things how to use it.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, John, I'd read all of the post just above yours

There's a wealth of good D2X information in it.

5. Start with the default setting, then use the camera as you did with you previous camera. That way you can compare the D2X results with your previous camera’s results.

Enjoy, Bill

6. Oh, wait, John! You're in for a treat! I had about an hour after work to play around with it tonight. Battery finished charging at 11:30pm last night. Only took about 40 pics just for fun and am having a blast zooming in on them to see what's there. Incredible! I've left the default settings but looked in the book to see how to switch to A mode. Wanna get comfy with it then will start exploring all the settings.

Are you coming to Merritt Island at the end of the month? Hope so. It'd be nice to meet you.

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks Kevin. Where do I find the details on that shoot?

8. You can check this link here Also would be a good idea to send a PM/email to Frank (Flew) who is coordinating the shoot. I can't wait! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Can't wait either. Put big bertha back on the camera after about a month or two not carring it. Need to get arm strength back up. lolol

They will wear me out.

Going to be a great time.