Tips for Indian Wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by Billy Ng, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    In a few weeks, I'm going to be meeting with the bride for an Indian wedding in May '08. I already explained to the bride that this would be my first Indian wedding but before I meet her in a few weeks, I'd like to do some research so I can be a bit more educated than I am currently.

Does anyone have any good resources ... a guide of sorts to traditional Indian weddings?

2. You may try reaching out to Uncle Frank...IIRC he shot an Indian wedding a few months back...

3. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Indians know how to throw a wedding! :biggrin: I've never shot one, but they go for like 2-3 days. I'd try to get your hands on a "beast" and then have a whole stack of batteries charging while you're burning off the ones in the grip, lol. Wow, there's so much stuff to shoot at those types of weddings. It's a ways off so you've got plenty of time to prepare. :cool:

4. Based on the religion, state they come from the rituals greatly vary in Indian marriage. It's a very complex domain.

I find this link to be a good summary.

Uncle Frank's excellent coverage was a typical marriage ceremony of Bangladeshi Muslims.

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.