Tips for Indian Wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by Billy Ng, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    In a few weeks, I'm going to be meeting with the bride for an Indian wedding in May '08. I already explained to the bride that this would be my first Indian wedding but before I meet her in a few weeks, I'd like to do some research so I can be a bit more educated than I am currently.

Does anyone have any good resources ... a guide of sorts to traditional Indian weddings?

2. You may try reaching out to Uncle Frank...IIRC he shot an Indian wedding a few months back...

3. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Indians know how to throw a wedding! :biggrin: I've never shot one, but they go for like 2-3 days. I'd try to get your hands on a "beast" and then have a whole stack of batteries charging while you're burning off the ones in the grip, lol. Wow, there's so much stuff to shoot at those types of weddings. It's a ways off so you've got plenty of time to prepare. :cool:

4. Based on the religion, state they come from the rituals greatly vary in Indian marriage. It's a very complex domain.

I find this link to be a good summary.

Uncle Frank's excellent coverage was a typical marriage ceremony of Bangladeshi Muslims.

Regards,