1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tips.how to convince wives 4 a 300F/2.8vr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by siinjen, Jul 7, 2008.

1. HELP:biggrin:
    sal

2. First, buy a 600 f/4 VR. If you survive that, then the 300 f/2.8 VR will be child's play. :smile:

3. :biggrin:Thanks, not gonna help...try better than that:tongue:
    sal

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Dang! How many wives DO you have??:eek: 

5. Well, you already convinced her you needed to buy a D3 ($5,000). Just tell her she can't expect you to put just any lens on that expensive camera body.

6. Thanks Mitch....I should have thought of that...just nervous, I guess:biggrin:
    sal

7. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Just one...sal

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Don't!

Just buy it and beg for forgiveness. :wink:

9. It is easier to beg for forgivness than ask for permission! :cool: 

10. You guys are helping me with good ideas:biggrin::rolleyes: :biggrin:

11. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Amen brother. It's the only way to fly!

12. Determine what images you can take that will make her happy and tell her they wouldn't have been possible with out the 300 f/2.8. This will work 2 or 3 times before she catches on if she is like my wife.

Leave a Porsche Cayman brochure lying around. When she asks you about it tell her you need a change in your life and you feel this car is calling to you. After that a 300mm will seem like chickenfeed and she won't even blink twice when you open the box from adorama, just make sure the receipt of the lens and the car ploy overlap time wise. Don't let her overcome the sticker shock of the Porsche before the lens arrives.

Good luck,

13. Two suggestions for you:

1. Just tell her, in no uncertain terms, that YOU wear the pants in the family and if you want this lens, you are going to buy it, that is just the way it is.

Or ....

2. Hand her the new piece of Diamond Jewelry that you bought for her just before you open the box with your new Lens.

One guess as to which method I use .... :wink:

14. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    On another forum I saw the following suggestion: give the lens to a friend you're going to visit soon with your wife (that can be arranged of course) and pack it in a brown paper bag.

Then while visiting you're "helping" your friend with a "problem". He then "remembers" having this old lens in his basement, "would you be interested in it?" and shows up with a paper bag. After some "no I can't, really..." you'll be walking home with your new lens.

Is that what you meant? :biggrin:

15. Better yet, give her a new piece of Diamond Jewelry in the Nikon box that your 300 came in!!!:biggrin::smile:

16. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Well if you can afford THAT the whole thing wouldn't be an issue in the first place, right?

17. I don't have to "ask" to buy a lens in my house......

My wife has already told me I can't....:redface:

18. Better yet guys, talk to my wife,(not wives):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    You win...
    sal

19. It is better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission:biggrin:
    Just get it delivered to the office, it will come in a box the size of a small tank, out of the box, maybe she will not notice the size difference.:smile:

20. Give her a list of several lenses and bodies you just have to have. When she goes ballistic, tell her you are willing to be reasonable. Agree to only buy one lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.