Tips on sending stuff to Mellville?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, May 17, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I need to send my D2X, 28-70 2.8, and two TC's to Nikon Melville for repair and adjustments. What's the best way to go about doing this wrt attaching notes/tracking their progress, etc? Obviously, I'd like to get my stuff back asap.
  2. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Steve, some people say it is best to speak to a support rep first, but I just mailed my stuff in. My D2H repair was 7 days door to door, but my 28-70mm spent about two months there waiting for parts (lens squeel).
  3. Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    If you want all the stuff calibrated together, then I'd say so, otherwise, I'd specify that items should be repaired/adjusted seperately and returned when done. If you are going that route, it might be best to send the items seperately. Costs you more in shipping, but the D2x won't sit there when finished waiting for the rest of the stuff to get done.
    A phone call to the service dept as to the best way to send the stuff in might be helpful.
  4. With the D2X, remove the strap, battery and any cards. Send it in "naked." This is their request, gives them less to keep track of.

If you have specific problems and photos which demonstrate those problems, put together a letter in Word (or some other program) and insert the pictures, then print/send. That way they have exact examples of the problem. I learned this tip here on the Cafe. :smile:

I think the suggestion of sending in inividually is a good one too.