"tired" mantis

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    As I was leaving my mother's house this afternoon, I noticed this fellow sitting on an old tire...

39078158-L.

2. Hi Leigh, how are you? Very good shot. Sharp and well flash lighted. She or he seems to find a refuge for the night!!!

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hi Dao,

I'm doing well...and yourself? I haven't had much time lately to get out and shoot, but I just happened to have my camera in the front seat today. Thanks for the kind comments, it's always nice to hear from you.

4. cool shot. Where a tire can be good for in photography.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

5. Very interesting Leigh. I have never seen one this color, normally they are green. Perhaps it changes color as fall arrives.

6. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Hi Leigh,
    Very nice habit photo of what appears to be a Carolina mantid (Stagmomantis carolina). I must admit, the title, "tired" mantis, did get me to take a peek!

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for taking a peak Jerry! And thanks for the ID....All I knew was that it was a mantis...and that he was huge!!! He was just over 4inches in length....YIKES!

Thanks to Gordon and Vince as well...I appreciate your comments.

8. Hi Leigh!

Nice shot! I would love to have these in here, we don´t have them... Could you imagine live without them, it´s horrible I tell you. Maybe you could mail me a couple :biggrin:

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama

I'll gladly give you all the mantis in my yard!!!! They give me the creeps....remind me of some alien from outer space :eek:! Thanks for looking.