Tired of mark III posts

Discussion in 'Non-Nikon Mirrorless' started by barriosa, May 27, 2007.

1. Am I the only one who is tired of reading Mark III posts?

It seems like there is a a new "Oh check out the competition!!, What is Nikon going to do? Thread every day.

If you can afford it go for it otherwise get back to what's really important and that is taking pictures.

Frustrated

2. I think most of us are tired of the plaintive reference to it and asking why Nikon hasn't annouced anything like it. The most recent thread on this topic was closed by Chris101 just a few days ago.

The cafe isn't the place to raise these questions. Anyone who spends some time here will see this is a place for using what you have and getting better at photography; that's the reason for us posting all the images. Certainly the Mark III and the other Canons are great cameras...really. But there are other great DSLRs, including the Fuji. Discussions about other brand products? Of course they're allowed! Grumbling about why Nikon doesn't match them? Sorry, not here.

This place happens to be about Nikon cameras and lenses. Rather than a censorship issue, it's a matter of applicability. There is nothing anyone here can do about unannounced Nikon products; why waste time speculating; enjoy what you have..and get better at using it!

Thanks, Rich

3. ABSOLUTELY!!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I am very tired of it.

5. Same here. Why should I get my undies all bunched up worrying if Nikon is going to make a FF DSLR when my D200 gives me amazing photos.

There are some people that can never be happy. If Nikon made a perfect FF DSLR, then they would cry and moan as to why Nikon doesn't make a large format DSLR to compete with Hasselblad.

Enjoy what ya got!

John

6. Some people just have to get the latest high tech gadgets. Most won't use a fraction of the latest features.

7. Don't worry, with Canons usual product cycle, it won't be long till we see Mark IV threads pop up. :Crunk:

8. Owenh

Owenh

Nov 24, 2006
    Hueytown, Al.
    I like my Nikon D80 and love to shoot pictures, but worrying about what Nikon
    or Cannon is the least of my worries. I am trying to get better at shooting my
    D80 !!! I will say Nikon glass is very expensive and I saved up for the 18/200 VR and it is worth every penny !!! I am now trying to save up for the 80/400
    VR Lens. Wish me Luck !!!

9. It matters not what you use but how you use it... Mark III or a D50, they are just tools to capture an image your eye sees. If you can't see a good image and capture it a $30,000 Phase One digital back with a "Hasselbalde" will not help you at all.

Tired of them, no - they are funny. My D2Hs is more than what I need - the real question is when will Nikon come out with an updated auto-focus with ED Glass 85/1.2 and 50/1.2 ... That's what I'd like to know cause you can have the best body in the world alas without good glass might as well be shooting with a glass bottom :smile: < Obligatory smile!

Canon glass is very good but IMHO Nikon has nothing to envy Canon in that department so it matters not the camera you have but how you use it, that's my story and I am sticking to it! :biggrin:

10. I don’t mind, maybe because I am such a gear head. I have also mentioned before that over 90% of what I have learned here is basically gear irrelevant: Nikon, Canon, D40, Mark III..matters not to me, it is the experience and knowledge of the people here that I enjoy. Notice that I haven’t been posting threatening to dump all my Nikon gear…I don’t care for that. As for the speculation as to what Nikon is up to, it doesn’t keep me up at night, but at the same time there are some people here who have valid concerns. Is someone does switch sides it doesn’t affect me. I think the mods to a good job keeping the dialog open without letting it turn into a mud slinging contest. I don’t have enough time to look at every thread here, so when I get tired of a Nikon vs. Canon or Mark III thread I just don’t look at it anymore

11. I honestly don't give a dam about the whole debate it’s just that almost every time someone posts a thread mentioning Canon's latest product it takes an a silly or sometimes unpleasant, and really pointless, turn.

The one thing I really like about this site is how friendly people are. No matter how basic a question is or how many times it’s repeated you’ll always get a friendly answer here whereas at other sites you’d probably get a snide reply. The only exception I’ve seen so far is any thread that turns into a Nikon vs. Canon debate.

This is, after all, The Nikon Café, not the Canon Café; a place where you can exchange ideas, get feedback on your images, and learn from some the most knowledgeable photographers (and of course Nikon owners) online.

I hope it stays that way.

12. I think what makes this place work isn't so much what people might chat about (why not chat about other make cameras?), but that the talk doesn't become trolling or demeaning or juvenile.

I believe that is where the line needs to be drawn.

Beyond that, I honestly don't see why threads that don't interest someone would bother them. I just don't read them. Voilà, no irritation!

13. That works for a very few people. In theory it sounds okay, but in practice it's difficult not to read what's being said. Like someone calling out "don't look over there!" Curiosity gets the better of us, I guess.

Rich

14. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Who the **** is Mark III

III from 3? Can´t they make a proper camera the first time? Something like Windows 3.0? And that was still full of bugs!

15. A post about too many posts!
    Add one more.

16. this thread starts with YAMTP (yet ano mIII post)

I don't personally object to this thread or other mark III posts, sub forum title says "Other Cameras"

Sil

17. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

Since I started a post, about the mkIII, it's helpful to others to read about different products, makes you appreciate what you have.
    Besides you never know if someone from nikon reads these forums.

Someone from B&H, reads them.

I see no harm, if you don't want to read it don't read it.

18. I couldn't have said it better. However, if Cafe management doesn't want folks discussing non-Nikon equipment, it would probably be a good idea to delete the "Other Cameras" forum. Frankly, I don't care one way or another - there are other sites that seem to have no purpose but equipment "discussion". :smile:

19. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

The good thing (well,I had to balance this thread :smile: ), is that people think,say,do 'migrate' to the other side and dump their current Nikon gear for low cost (before they become completely 'worthless' because it was last years model).
    So those who stay with Nikon can get more for less !! And that can't be bad in anyone's books.

20. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    That's why I love switchers too , they're lose is our gain and everyone's happy in the end :biggrin: