Tired of me yet?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cwilt, May 11, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
  2. Tired? Never. Nice shot, love the detail.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    It just occurred to me that the images I post are not the images I print. This image I created a soft focus look to the white petals, sharpened the center, and blew out some of the highlights. If I wasn't at work :( I would post my print version. Now I wonder why I do that. :?

4. Charles,

Very nice photo. Frankly the pics we all post are so downsized it's amazing they look as good as they do!!

5. Excellent DOF and a nice detailed shot. Lovely.

6. Charles, very nice indeed!

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I may post the version I printed so you can see what I see in the 13x19 print.

8. Never!! Wonderful capture!! :D :D :D

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Tired?? How could we ever get tired of looking at shots like this one. Jeez.... :lol:

Very nice. I don't think that you need to worry about what you post on the web being different from what you print. These are two completely different media, and require different processing. This version looks excellent to me. :wink:

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Here is my print version. Comments?

21872024-L.

11. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

I like the first one, I prefer the shadow and detail, it is more moody. However the imperfections of the petals become more noticeable with the more detail allowed in the shot. For a natural look the first is my preference. However...

The second shot has a lot more glamour so for print or even stock sales the second would be my preference. The softeness of the light but the blown whites do create a much more vibrant image

Nice shots!!

Joel.

12. Hi Charles,

I agree whith Joel about the 2 versions of the flower. However, if you don't mind, I suggest a tighter crop from the bottom (a little bit under the 3rd level of petals) and from the right (just a little bit) to place the flower more on the main diagonal.

Great flower picture anyway. Keep posting.

Regards.

13. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Joel,

Interesting.....
    I thought most would prefer the softer more artsy look.

Dao,

I never mind a critique with ways to improve. Cropping for compostion is still something I have to learn.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

14. Charles, I like the first one best, but I don't think you can ever do justice on the web to a print. Just my opinion. Nice shot BTW.