Tired of me yet?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It just occurred to me that the images I post are not the images I print. This image I created a soft focus look to the white petals, sharpened the center, and blew out some of the highlights. If I wasn't at work :( I would post my print version. Now I wonder why I do that. :?

Tired?? How could we ever get tired of looking at shots like this one. Jeez.... :lol:

Very nice. I don't think that you need to worry about what you post on the web being different from what you print. These are two completely different media, and require different processing. This version looks excellent to me. :wink:

Here is my print version. Comments?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

J

jkamphof

I like the first one, I prefer the shadow and detail, it is more moody. However the imperfections of the petals become more noticeable with the more detail allowed in the shot. For a natural look the first is my preference. However...

The second shot has a lot more glamour so for print or even stock sales the second would be my preference. The softeness of the light but the blown whites do create a much more vibrant image

Nice shots!!

Joel.

Hi Charles,

I agree whith Joel about the 2 versions of the flower. However, if you don't mind, I suggest a tighter crop from the bottom (a little bit under the 3rd level of petals) and from the right (just a little bit) to place the flower more on the main diagonal.

Great flower picture anyway. Keep posting.

Regards.

Joel,

Interesting.....
I thought most would prefer the softer more artsy look.

Dao,

I never mind a critique with ways to improve. Cropping for compostion is still something I have to learn.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Charles, I like the first one best, but I don't think you can ever do justice on the web to a print. Just my opinion. Nice shot BTW.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom