TMax100

Here's a few TMax100 shots with the F100. Had to clean up the negatives as they had some scratches. Using the pre-paid mailers for development.

Scan-110518-0001.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Scan-110518-0022.jpg

Scan-110518-0021.jpg

Attachments

• Scan-110518-0001.jpg
    Scan-110518-0001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Scan-110518-0001.jpg
    Scan-110518-0001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 32
Real Name
Chris
Scratches ... AAARRRGGGG! Such nice pictures do not deserve to be scratched. Look around this forum and you will appreciate how easy developing film in your bathroom can be.

Thanks everyone.

Nephilim, I used the 24 f1.4 on the espresso machine and the 200 f2 on the other two. Those are some of my first shots from the 200 f2 as I just acquired it -- a nice upgrade from the 80-200 push pull.

Chris, I've never developed film before so I'm not sure of the type of setup that's required. One of my concerns would be the disposal of the spent chemicals. The information that I did look at in the past about film development didn't seemed to reference the disposal.

I've also like to shoot slide film. Is it worth developing you own slide film? I assume it best to stick with B&W or at least start there.

Real Name
Chris

Chris, I've never developed film before so I'm not sure of the type of setup that's required. One of my concerns would be the disposal of the spent chemicals. The information that I did look at in the past about film development didn't seemed to reference the disposal.

I've also like to shoot slide film. Is it worth developing you own slide film? I assume it best to stick with B&W or at least start there.

Hey Rooster, most developers as well as wetting agent (stop bath and hypo clearing agent too, if you use them) are biodegradable, and are safe for most septic systems and municipal waste treatment plants. Spent fixer presents a problem, as the silver ions in it are toxic to the bacteria that are at the heart of waste treatment.

You can either save the used fixer and use a chemical disposal service (many cities provide this for free) or use the steel wool method for making the solution non-toxic by removing the silver from it. Then you can flush the liquid down the drain.

It's possible (but not financially practical) to reclaim the silver from the steel wool.

Concerning slide film, yes, there are E6 kits, but they are more complex than the procedure to develop black and white film, and require tighter control of the temperature.

There are also C-41 color negative kits, that are pretty easy to use. Since the color on slides needs to be exact on the film, they are much trickier than negatives. I'd recommend that you become proficient at B&W and color negative developing before attempting to develop slides.

Kodak invented Xtol to be disposal friendly.
If you are really concerned about it, you can make your own caffenol from items at the supermarket. Fixer is the only thing that requires proper handling. Even it is relatively easy to dispose of properly. See the steel wool link above.
B&W peocessing is quick, easy, inexpensive and very rewarding. Just do it!

Thanks Bob & Bill.

I use to shoot Ilfold Delta pre digital age but I had a really hard time scanning the film in. When tried TMax it scans in beautifully. Not sure if it was user error or poorly exposed film as that was years ago and I hope my skills have improved since then.

I turned to TMax as it's seems to be one of the newer Kodak films. Although, I'm interested in other choices in film too. With my last order I ordered one roll of Kodak Pan 125PX just to see what it's like. I see that Tri-X seems to be a favorite here; would have ordered some but I didn't see any listed at the time.

Here's some of the other TMax films:

TMax 400
Scan-110103-0027.jpg

TMax P3200
Scan-110329-0024.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom