1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

To all the single men- Your cell phone can affect your ability to reproduce!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 20, 2008.

1. I thought sterility was hereditary........:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

2. and you are supprised by this? I cannot have my phone in my pocket with bluetooth on as I always bet a very mild case pins and needles in my leg nearest my phone. although it can not have that much effect as I have 2 kids and another one due in 6 weeks time. :biggrin:

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

4. In that case, maybe we should give these things out to.... ummm, I guess I better not go there.

All joking aside, I'm curious about the 2.5cm measurement. I carry my cell phone in my pocket, and it NEVER sits even remotely close to 1 inch from my gonads. Usually, it rests about 5 times that distance, toward the outer thigh. And then they left it in talk mode at that distance for an hour. Who leaves their phone in their trouser pocket when talking on it? Maybe my Treo sucks, but I get a crappy bluetooth signal if I keep the phone in my pocket.

All complaints about the measurements aside, I do think these things probably aren't good for you. If it can affect semen at 1" distance, I can only imagine the effect it has pressed against your skull while talking.

5. SoCalBob

SoCalBob

Feb 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    You were reading my mind. :biggrin:

6. gladjo

gladjo Guest

I've had a vasectomy. Nuff said. :cool: 

7. Yeah, it's probably not going to negatively affect your sperm count any more than that procedure did, but you gotta wonder what it's doing to other parts of your body as well. Just something to think about.

8. But hey if you guys are married, no need to worry regardless. :wink: :tongue:

9. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    If I'm single (which I am), I'm not necessarily looking to have kids spread all over the place. Just think how much money I could save on condoms.

10. I think I'm a little more worried about what it's doing to the old grey cells when it's held up to your ear. Maybe Nute's on to a good thing!

11. Hey Folks,

I guess this is just another thing that's going to get me sometime, along with the plastic bottles leaching, irradiated food, chemicals in our drinking water, hormones in our milk, etc.

YIKES...enough is enough. Just give me a nice mountain meadow to go shoot!!!

Regards...and remember to brush your teeth with the anti-freeze reinforced Toothpaste.

Jim

12. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I guess it is especially important for those that keep talking out of their [###] since they are apparently keeping their phones in nether regions :smile:

There are worse things in life. Do you know in how many ways oxygen dihydridate can harm you? And most of us have that scary stuff in our house!

13. Water?!:eek: 

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    invest in a headset...I've heard this too.

15. .... that seems like a bad joke ..... :frown:

16. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    I guess my phone is busted... I got 2 kids

17. I was a Navy pilot. We used pure oxygen flying in jets. The rumor then was it yielded more boys. I had 3 sons; no girls.

Rich

18. I hear helium produces more girls...oh wait, it just makes you sound like one! :biggrin::tongue::Curved::Angry:

19. InlineSix

InlineSix Guest

Theres so much of these threads lately..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.