To B or not to Bee....

I haven't been here for a while, but today I dusted off the old D200 and the Tamron 90 with the SB800 and yes I think it still works:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Jeff,
that's not fair!

Since days I try to catch a bee in flight.
Mostly it's vanished or blured... - and you remove the dust from your camera and there it is. A wonderful picture!
Flash - that's a good idea!

Regards
Klaus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for the kind replies, I've been mostly imaging landscapes and decided to keep the old D200/T90 setup just to walk in the yard.

I haven't been here for a while, but today I dusted off the old D200 and the Tamron 90 with the SB800 and yes I think it still works:

http://home.comcast.net/~gailjeff/Images/B2.jpg
Great bee in flight shot! Those are soooo hard. I get them mostly by luck, after shooting dozens or hundreds of bee-on-flower shots. This one is really good.

I shot with exactly the same combo until i got a new D600 for Christmas.

I put a pop-up diffuser on the front of my Tamron 90.

These days I'm more apt to use my D600 with the same combination of lens and flash.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Duncan - thank you. Yes, I did shoot about 20 Images to get this one. Found that A3=Off and the back focus button is the trick with continuous AF. Also my yard has a lot of tall plants that these Bumbles like, I find shooting chest high give me a lot more keepers.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom