To Gordon, with love, from Rosie

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Harry beat me to the punch but here are some Roseate Spoonbills just so Gordon knows what else he missed. Not to worry though, Gordon, I'm sure they'll still be around for a long time to come!

All taken with the 300/f4, except for the one noted below which was with Harry's 500/f4 + 1.4tc.

[​IMG]

This is the one taken with Harry's 500! Man, oh man, I think I'm in trouble now!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I included this one so people could see what we have to deal with sometimes at Viera. I mean, really now, 6 different varieties of bird in one shot! How is one supposed to decide what to shoot? These challenges are most difficult!! :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy!!

2. Two words Kevin...

Wow!

and

OUCH!:cool:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG you are in deep now Kevin...heehee

Beautiful images..

Way to go

4. Kevin,

Not only Gordon. I also know what I have missed.

Wonderful shots, especially those in flight. If the D200 is not up to what I expected for AF speed, I will wait for another year and take the plunge for a D2X. Those shutter continous sounds still ring sweetly in my ears... and it's all your fault, my friend.:smile::smile:

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Kevin -

Love these shots. ALmost as good as your title! :biggrin: Yup, you are in trouble about Harry's 500. But before you buy one, (1) check your credit rating and (2) see if you can catch those guys in flight shots before they've gotten to Miami. :tongue: And then try with a tern or a skimmer. :tongue: :tongue:
    Gordon

6. A stupendous series you have brought your photography to another level for sure. I cant wait till I make it back down there

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding shots Kevin. Now if you listen closely you will hear "kevin, Kevin, please take me home" softly in the distance. that's a 500mm lens calling out to you. :biggrin:

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kev,

I already responded to Harry's post, but I could say exactly the same to you. I won't however, 'cause I'm having pity on you (your credit card actually :tongue:).

Excellent shots. Now I gotta figure out how to get down there. :rolleyes:

9. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Wow, beautiful... and to think that I was at a kids Halloween outtings all weekend with little time to shoot :mad: still have one more tonight and a couple tomorrow /sigh

I need to get over that way to shoot with you all some time soon.

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Kevin again great shots of beautiful strange looking bird
    Enjoyed each one and yeah shootin that 500mm probably gonna cost ya $$$$ :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. Thanks, Harris! It was really neat to get to see ALL those Rosies there Saturday. Have seen two there at the most, 10 was a real treat!!

12. I know, I know. I keep trying to put it out of my mind but it has become rather haunting!! :frown:

13. Ha Ha Ha....that's funny!! 8fps can come in handy, that's for sure!

I'm curious to see how the D200 pans out as well. It's a toss up between that and a D2Hs for a backup (more for birdies).

Take care my friend and thanks for the kind words!!

14. Harry and I have a joke about different ppl coming to Viera with their big lenses. Be forewarned, there are many alligators and places of isolation. Legend has it that the wetlands have devoured many avid photogs with big glass but remarkably the glass never becomes the victim! :Devil:

Can't wait for you to come down again!! The place is starting to hop!!

15. Wow, Mike! Thanks!! Coming from you that is a huge ego booster. You guys are always posting such top-notch stuff that it encourages me and pushes me to always improve. Thanks for that and the kind words!!

16. As Schultz used to say, "I hear nothing! I hear nothing!" Thanks again for the few moments of ecstasy!! :wink:

17. Take I65 South to I10 East to the Turnpike, go south, take the Beeline East to I95 South. Take the Wickham Road exit and follow it to the end! You can't miss it! :rolleyes: :tongue: :wink:

18. Anytime you want to get together, let me know. I'm sure the others will be happy to join in the fun!

I also want to make a trip to Fort DeSoto. I've heard it's really great for birding!

19. Thanks Ben! You gotta try to come out here! I'm resisting the call of the 500 but it's going to be very difficult. :frown:

20. Outstanding shots Kevin. I'm really looking forward to my trip there in two weeks.

louie