To leash or not to leash

I snapped a pic this morning of my dog, Sheba, and one of our ducks, Sunshine. I thought it was adorable. Then I removed the leash from the picture and tell me I'm not crazy.....I saw a whole different outcome!

1. Duck decides "I think I'll go this way!" - cute
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Dog about to pounce - not cute
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

This is an excellent example why we should not allow post process alterations by the photographers in journalism and news. What a great example of how removing one small object, which would only take10sec in photoshop, changes what the image says. Imagine if this was a news event.
But if this is art- you also show how easily we can change what our art says. Then it is the artists decision.
Nice study here.
gary

This is an excellent example why we should not allow post process alterations by the photographers in journalism and news. What a great example of how removing one small object, which would only take10sec in photoshop, changes what the image says. Imagine if this was a news event.
But if this is art- you also show how easily we can change what our art says. Then it is the artists decision.
Nice study here.
gary
Much appreciated, Gary! In this case I'm just glad that the photoshop change was to remove the leash.....otherwise this would have been very sad "art!"

Yeah the second one looks like imminent carnage. Brave duck
Fortunately that pic was the illusion. We know that duck since she was a tiny yellow baby.
Mike hit it, two completely different stories be told by those two images.
It was such an unintentional observation. I thought the leash was a distraction, then realized it became a whole different narrative!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom