To much watermark?

Working on a new watermark(changed names), does this seem to large?

1138082864_j4Fn4-L-3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1143034706_CmK2G-L-1.jpg

Try using a white font, and use some Bevel and Emboss, and play with the opacity. That should allow you to read all of it no matter the colors in the photo.

how about now?
1143034706_CmK2G-L-2.jpg

nowhere near rude enough imho.

splash it diagonally across the frame and beef it up a bit.

the object of the exercise, as i see it, is to let people look at the pic and see it is good, but to irritate them enough that they cough up some dosh for a cleanskin.

Hope you don’t mind. I spent about 5 minutes with this, cloning your water mark out, and modifying one of my actions I use for a watermark. It’s visible no matter the colors in the photo. I made no attempt to try an match your font.

original.jpg

Nice, but I am trying to do it VIA smugmug applying it so I don't have to keep 2 copys of every photo....

Nice, but I am trying to do it VIA smugmug applying it so I don't have to keep 2 copys of every photo....

Can’t help you out there. I keep two copies, one without watermark, and one with for uploading to my galleries in two separate folders. Works for me, and doesn’t bother me to keep two files, plus the original, which makes three files per photo. I probably do a couple thousand photos per year this way.

And of course everyone has CS5 and the time (and will) to remove watermarks …
it was sort of an euphemism, was being nice, instead of saying...."stop wasting your time because photos look crap with watermarks"...a suggestion was given on what a waste of time it would be......for the desperate people who want the photos...not me...........you must understand how intelligent aussie's are expressing themselves:biggrin:

He is Australian Julien - they have nothing better to do with theirtime!!:biggrin::biggrin::eek::eek::eek::biggrin::370::370:
I better run and hide now:m73::667:

easy now Geoff....or the sheep jokes start:tongue:

I find watermarks just about ruin every photo they're applied to.

Personally, I rely on the poor quality of my photography to deter thieves. Seems to work!

:smile:

I find watermarks just about ruin every photo they're applied to.

Personally, I rely on the poor quality of my photography to deter thieves. Seems to work!

:smile:

I would tend to agree. I hate seeing a great photo spoiled by the watermark grabbing my attention :(

I understand why people use watermarks though. Having your stuff stolen must be terrible. For me, photography is a hobby, so if somebody thinks my stuff is good enough to steal, then I'm honored :biggrin: But if I were making money from my photos, then I would probably not feel honored :rolleyes:

it was sort of an euphemism, was being nice, instead of saying...."stop wasting your time because photos look crap with watermarks"...a suggestion was given on what a waste of time it would be......for the desperate people who want the photos...not me...........you must understand how intelligent aussie's are expressing themselves:biggrin:

Gotcha!

I agree that watermarks don't contribute to embellishing a photo (though that's what not they're for obviously).

That's why I'm not for all those fancy bevel end emboss effects on a typeface. Just choose a simple and classical one (eg Helvetica not Comic Sans MS) in either white of black, place smack dab in the middle, drop opacity to 20/30%, automate the process and bob's your uncle. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom