To my friends in Holland

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, May 8, 2005.

1. I would like to thank you all so very much for the warm welcome you've extended to all the Canadian veterans who are there for the VE celebrations. I've been watching the parade on television this morning, and I'm touched by the friendship you've extended to the vets and their families. We were happy to be there for you sixty years ago, and we're happy to be back there celebrating with you now. Cheers, Sandi
    original.

2. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

I have a number of relatives watching the celebrations and remembrances. My grandprents opened up about their war experiences shortly before my grandfather passed away...not a pleasant time. So far my generation seems fortunate. I am a dual citizen of Canada & the Netherlands and I spent a lot of time visiting the numerous cemetaries across Europe for the Commonwealth. It's a mix of pride that many volunteered and of absolute shame at humanity.

I wished I could have been at the celebrations with my family still in Holland.

Joel.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Incredible tribute Sandi. Thanks.

4. Rob G.

Rob G. Guest

Thanks canada as well

Hi Sandi,

Our country has much to thank for as well.
    If it wasn't for Canada, U.S. and England we would maybe still be ruled by dictatorship.

It is more than normal that we honor the ones who have fought.

Thanks,

Rob G.