to serious?

Is this image to serious for a senior shot?

612328726_PzEHX-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

YES!
Charles, it's a wonderful photo, but really show this lovely lass to be very moody and perhaps a bit withdrawn.

For a photo of this type, I'd think it would better to portray her in happier light.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

I'd have to agree - it probably is a little too dark for a yearbook and all that. I see stuff like this on suicide helpline ads. Regardless, it is a very nice photo - I like the emotion it conveys!

Tak

Virginia put it better than I could.... I agree, the photo makes her look moody or even depressed, not serious. Graduation is only "serious" if you don't graduate.

Its not like I was torturing her. :eek:

She enjoys acting so I tried to get more than just the standard looks. No studio shots in the yearbooks here as they are all outdoors. I do studio head shots as a warm up before we go outside.

proof that I can get a smile too

612308466_EpD7p-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ha! What a contrast. That would make for a much improved high-school photo. Nice job! And, if you are into retouching, perhaps get the two spots of hairs on either shoulder?

Ha! What a contrast. That would make for a much improved high-school photo. Nice job! And, if you are into retouching, perhaps get the two spots of hairs on either shoulder?
Final retouch happens after they have made their final cuts.:wink:

The second shot is much better. She looks like she is happy to be a senior now lol
She is a very happy person and can go from expression to expression easily.

I think some people on the cafe might have problems stepping outside the box of normal poses and expressions.:tongue:

I think some people on the cafe might have problems stepping outside the box of normal poses and expressions.:tongue:

I agree. Especially when it comes to senior pix. I don't do yearbook pix. IMHO, that's one step away from a passport photo. Instead, I try to capture a bit of personality with each senior that I shoot and I try to give them something that is going to last longer than the graduation date. If that means a non-smiling, serious and distant expression, then so be it.

I like #1 myself, at least from a photographic point of view. I guess if it was for a yearbook, then #2 would work.

Bob and Chris,

I get the specifications required by the yearbook and then just put them in the back of my mind and shoot like I normally would. It may be their yearbook but its still my image. :wink:

I agree. Especially when it comes to senior pix. I don't do yearbook pix. IMHO, that's one step away from a passport photo. Instead, I try to capture a bit of personality with each senior that I shoot and I try to give them something that is going to last longer than the graduation date. If that means a non-smiling, serious and distant expression, then so be it.

I agree to some extent. Non-smiling, serious, distant... even pensive. But, I still think this photo just looks angry. If she likes it, then I think it was a success. But, I hope she doesn't put it in the yearbook!

Anthony,
As I said in a previous post, this is not a yearbook picture. I shoot for 5 different local schools and all require outdoor scenes and not studio shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom