To those who calibrate

What are you using for presets on your displays?

Do you stick with the "mac" standard gamma of 1.8? If you do, do you then find that people viewing your images on PC's find them dark or different? I work with clients ranging from regular people for family portraits and weddings (likely PC based) to advertising agencies with color managed art departments (working exclusively mac).

What white point? D65? I can set it to native, but my calibration tool wants to know where to set it as well and native is not an option on that.

I realize that this is an art form in and of itself. With my PC it was pretty well a given that you went with 2.2 and D65 as starting points and calibrated from there. On the mac, I am unsure. I am currently set at 1.8 and D65. I can run the calibration tool for both monitors and the match each other perfectly. However I feel like they are both a bit warm, hence my questioning of where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Well further investigation revealed to me that 2.2 is the way to go. Apparently from here on out Mac is going to be 2.2 native anyway, and the issue is really one of the past.

I redid my calibration for 2.2 and D65 and things look right again. Trust your eyes. I should have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stick to 2.2, as the print workshop, I carry my files to uses Macs too @ 2.2

So far, I had no hassle with anything to reprocess, to match files to prints.
When watching my compressed images on my website on a standard Windows box without calibration, they look quite different (bluish with flat colours).

Latest threads

Top Bottom