Tobacco Field at Dusk

Real Name
Aaron
I am always on the hunt for interesting photos of tobacco farming here in eastern NC. I am seeking out a scene that speaks to the decline of tobacco farming, such as a small grave yard (small family plots in or on the edge of farm land are common here) or abandoned farm structures (most farmers tear down old tobacco barns to provide more growing area, or at least one less obstacle to work around) with surrounding tobacco crop. Abandoned farm houses work pretty well, too.

I have been eyeing this particular scene for a while, waiting for the crop to fill in and interesting light to present itself. I had a rare opportunity to try to capture it late in the evening today, however the sunset did not deliver anything spectacular this time. I thought it turned out nice anyway...

Z6 and 24-70 2.8S

DSC_2196.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nicely done. If your goal is to display the decline of tobacco farming, I don't think this scene conveys that message. At least not to me.
In my eyes, it more conveys how big, quiet and serene a farm is.
The old house doesn't carry much weight, as I can not tell enough about it to perk any immediate interest.
Overall scene is nicely captured.
gary

Real Name
Aaron
Thank you for the compliments!

Nicely done. If your goal is to display the decline of tobacco farming, I don't think this scene conveys that message. At least not to me.
In my eyes, it more conveys how big, quiet and serene a farm is.
The old house doesn't carry much weight, as I can not tell enough about it to perk any immediate interest.
Overall scene is nicely captured.
gary

You are correct, this image isn't "the one" I'm after, just thought it turned out nice despite not coming together the way I had envisioned.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom