Today, D2x and SB800

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cwilt, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Simply amazing. The last one is my fave. Is there anything the D2x can't do Charles?

2. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    There are a few things but they rarely impact me. The other cool factor is that they were all taken with the cheap Tamron 17-50/2.8. No fancy macros or tubes. Held the camera with one hand and the flash in the other.

3. Great work Charles! i really like #3

Was the SB800 hand held over the Flower?

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks. Camera in one hand and the other holding the flash over the flower. I think I had the diffuser on it as well. Adjusted shutter speed to make the background about 2 stops under the subject.

5. Nice shots, Charles. The Tamron is a fine little lens, IMO. Thanks for sharing.

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I have been happy with the little Tammy. The only downside is the slow focus.

7. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Charles, shots of single flowers can be quite boring, but you have managed to make this an interesting set. I think (hope) I've learned a little:smile: -- thank you.

8. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very nice Charles, the Pink in #3 really pops. Great images.

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Light first.:wink:

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.