1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Today I had lens lust in a BIG way

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sclamb, Apr 27, 2007.

1. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Whilst I was at Grays of Westminster picking up my 85/1.4, Uri Zakay (a very knowledgable person) asked me if I would like to see a couple of special things he had bought in his last trip around the world.

First up was a brand new, never been out of the box, 800mm f/5.6 lens. What a beautiful, heavyweight chunk of glass. I had never seen one of these before and I probably never will again, and it is very rare indeed to see a brand spanking new one. I could see me at the local lake with that lens :smile:

Second was the 8mm fisheye. Wow, what a beautiful feat of engineering and that front element is amazing. It is very heavy and I would be fearful of knocking that front lens element, which looks jet black when you view it. Totally impractical probably, but what a great looking lens.

Just as a heads up, they do have an immaculate 28mm f/1.4 that hasn't hit the used section of their website yet :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.