Today.s shots at Montreal butterflies show (several images)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Here they are for viewing. Please enjoy,

Cheers.

2. Lovely shots Dao. You have captured excellent detail and color.

3. You are getting very good at this.

Are you using a SB800? If so I would like to know the setup as it could be a useful guide for when I get mine.
    By the way the last but one, is the male of the last one. ie P.syvlia.

BW. Bob F.

4. Re: You are getting very good at this.

Hi Bob,

The setup with the flash is : SB80 + Lumiquest pocket softbos. With my D100 loaded with Fotogenetic tone curve and with average metering, depending on the lighting, I use 0,0 or --0,3EV flash compensation

About the butterflies naming convention, lesson learned as you can see in my new pictures.

BW

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dao,

Did you have your surgery yet? If so, did everything go OK?

Are you OK?

Regards,

Frank

6. Hi Frank, I'm touched by your concern, my friend. Yes, I had the surgery done yesterday and everything is fine. It's fabulous : the first time since I was 10, I can see clearly with my right eye far objects without my glasses. Before even with my glasses. I can't see clearly far away as it is now.

There still is a problem with my sighting. Since my left eye isn't «corrected» yet (it should be done may be in 2 or 3 weeks, I hope so), when I use my glasses with only the left glass on, I see two images, one more blurry and quite larger than the other due to the magnification of the left glass. It's funny. May be I should try to «translate» this kind of seeing in pictures. :D

Cheers and again thank for the concern.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dao,

Than is great news. :!: :!: Hope you are all healed up real soon. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

8. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Great pictures Dao and great news about your surgery going well. Good to see you back here posting images so soon afterwards.

Neil

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Dao,

Glad you are doing better.

I would like to know what lens you used for these excellent flutterbys. :)

Thanks,

10. Neil. Thank for the kind words. These pictures were shot last thursday, a day before surgery. Glad you enjoy them.

BW

11. Thanks for the concern, Patrick. I used the Tamron 180mm Di macro. It's an awesome lens in term of sharpness and color rendition.

Regards.