Today's captures....caution, several images

I had taken these before the rain today. I wish I had read Torben and Jukka's excellent advice and hints for Paul before these shots. Perhaps I could have done better on composition and sharpness. All taken with Tamron 180.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 220864

View attachment 220867

View attachment 220868

View attachment 220869

View attachment 220871

View attachment 220873

Tom,
I would have to say that the last one is my favorite. The colors, DOF and lighting are excellent. Very nice.

#2 The Widow Skimmer needs just a touch more DOF for the head and tail... but very nice.

Most of those, except for the pearl crescent, are different from the set you showed me -- you did have a banner day:cool:!. [Too bad though that you couldn't get a little closer:eek: -- what is the minimum focus distance for that lens?]
It was a good day, Bob. The Tammy focuses to 1.54 ft. from film plane, (sensor plane). We still need to get together and compare notes of the tripods, if the rain ever lets up. Thanks for commenting.

Tom,
I would have to say that the last one is my favorite. The colors, DOF and lighting are excellent. Very nice.

#2 The Widow Skimmer needs just a touch more DOF for the head and tail... but very nice.
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it very much. I like the last one a lot, too. DOF is something I have been struggling with. I think your recent post asking how to improve your work will help me as well. I have been enjoying your work, too.

Excellent shots Tom. Very beautiful dragons. I love #2 and the last one the best but the wasp is quite nice too.

Nice series, Tom!

About DOF issues and focusing generally, I have done lot of practising at home during long cold dark winters...
Thank you, Jukka. Your photos show the result of your hard work. I always look forward to seeing your presentations. Thanks so much for your inspiration, as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom