Today's captures....caution, several images

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by BUCKEYE BIKER, Jul 3, 2008.

1. chettrick

chettrick

Jun 12, 2008
    florida
    Man, that is close, which one of your lens did you use?

2. Tom,
    those are excellent
    i appreciate you sharing them with us

3. I used the Tamron 180 macro. I don't think it is in my signature. Thanks for commenting.

4. Thanks Greg. Nice to hear.

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Most of those, except for the pearl crescent, are different from the set you showed me -- you did have a banner day:cool:!. [Too bad though that you couldn't get a little closer:eek: -- what is the minimum focus distance for that lens?]

6. Good GOSH you folks keep raising the bar!!
    Those are just fantastic. The data showed 1/60 sec on the last one, did you use any tubes???

7. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Tom,
    I would have to say that the last one is my favorite. The colors, DOF and lighting are excellent. Very nice.

#2 The Widow Skimmer needs just a touch more DOF for the head and tail... but very nice.

8. It was a good day, Bob. The Tammy focuses to 1.54 ft. from film plane, (sensor plane). We still need to get together and compare notes of the tripods, if the rain ever lets up. Thanks for commenting.

9. Thanks, Tom. I wasn't using tubes, but I had the SB-600 turned on, thus the 1/60th sec.

10. Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it very much. I like the last one a lot, too. DOF is something I have been struggling with. I think your recent post asking how to improve your work will help me as well. I have been enjoying your work, too.

11. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Super images. That's a sharp lens.

12. Sconti

Sconti

May 14, 2008
    London
    Tom,
    Gorgeous stuff - you must have been bloody close to the bugs!
    sconti

13. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent shots Tom. Very beautiful dragons. I love #2 and the last one the best but the wasp is quite nice too.

14. Nice series, Tom!

About DOF issues and focusing generally, I have done lot of practising at home during long cold dark winters...

15. Thank you, Art. Yes the Tammy is sharp when I do my part. Thanks for commenting.

Thanks Sconti, Usually the distance was around 18-24 inches, if I remember correctly. I did crop some of the images, too.

16. Thank you so much Torben. Your excellent work has inspired me to try and improve my photos.

17. Thank you, Jukka. Your photos show the result of your hard work. I always look forward to seeing your presentations. Thanks so much for your inspiration, as well.