Todays humble try on backjard birds...

Tried out the 70-200VR + 2x Kenko TC.....

But OMG these birds where nervous today! Don't know what my neighbors think of me now, chasing around the yard with a monopod and the little lens and form time to time freezing in action to wait for the birds...:rolleyes: :confused: :cool:

Well that's what was usable:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Silence!"

Intimidating look

Starling checking his smell

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated!​

:biggrin: Like the captions too, especially the last one...

Nice set, espially the Starling because I wasn't yet successful in capturing one other than in far distance or bad pose (from the back) :mad:. Sparrows aren't as shy, so I got a few of these at the zoo recently (and funny, even more tame in the zoo than outside)...

And you think 70-200VR+2xTC is better than your 300 f4+1.4TC?

Thanks for the comments.

And you think 70-200VR+2xTC is better than your 300 f4+1.4TC?

To sum up 2 weeks of testing: I got a used 300 f4 from the Bay and didn't manage to get one decent shot. I sent it back yesterday, it seems to be a real lemon (soft and weird bokeh).

I just ordered a new one :redface: , let's hope this one will be better.....:cool:

Thanks for the comments.

To sum up 2 weeks of testing: I got a used 300 f4 from the Bay and didn't manage to get one decent shot. I sent it back yesterday, it seems to be a real lemon (soft and weird bokeh).

I just ordered a new one :redface: , let's hope this one will be better.....:cool:
Good luck!
This is what I get from my Sigma@400mm if stopped down to >= f/8:

And that's the point why I'm also looking for alternatives. If in the shade, you're quickly at ISO1600 with that setting - but there aren't that much (faster) alternatives for that range for which I don't need to win a lottery first - so I'm looking forward to your findings.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom