Todays humble try on backjard birds...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by misupix, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Tried out the 70-200VR + 2x Kenko TC.....

But OMG these birds where nervous today! Don't know what my neighbors think of me now, chasing around the yard with a monopod and the little lens and form time to time freezing in action to wait for the birds...:rolleyes: :confused: :cool:

Well that's what was usable:

original.jpg

original.jpg

"Silence!"
    original.jpg

Intimidating look
    original.jpg

Starling checking his smell
    original.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated!​

2. Love the captions! cool shots Michael

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    With a 2x tc wow
    Well pal don't get much better than this

Excellent images.

4. :biggrin: Like the captions too, especially the last one...

Nice set, espially the Starling because I wasn't yet successful in capturing one other than in far distance or bad pose (from the back) :mad:. Sparrows aren't as shy, so I got a few of these at the zoo recently (and funny, even more tame in the zoo than outside)...

And you think 70-200VR+2xTC is better than your 300 f4+1.4TC?

5. Thanks for the comments.

To sum up 2 weeks of testing: I got a used 300 f4 from the Bay and didn't manage to get one decent shot. I sent it back yesterday, it seems to be a real lemon (soft and weird bokeh).

I just ordered a new one :redface: , let's hope this one will be better.....:cool:

6. Good luck!
    This is what I get from my [email protected] if stopped down to >= f/8:
    [​IMG]

And that's the point why I'm also looking for alternatives. If in the shade, you're quickly at ISO1600 with that setting - but there aren't that much (faster) alternatives for that range for which I don't need to win a lottery first - so I'm looking forward to your findings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.