Today's Lunch Buffet

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Went to Bolsa Chica for Lunch today after stopping at El Pollo Loco for some Tacos Al Carbon...good stuff...

I have felt a little bummed about getting relatively skunked three days in a row so I was itching to get back out and get some shots worthy of, well....being worthy!

I parked illegally, pulled out the rig and thought I'd just play around...

First, the guy who made me park illegally, as soon as I got in shooting range he booked...

[​IMG]

So I looked around and found this guy, bent out of shape about something or other:

[​IMG]

Looked back into the sky for the love of my life (Osprey) but only found his ugly friend:

[​IMG]

The sun was pretty harsh, but this guy was jealous, anyone know why the background is so dark?

[​IMG]

I normally am drawn to sharp images only, but this one shows the Little Blue Heron (I thought it was a Reddish) and how spastic he can be. This guy does NOT stand still for a moment! I like the 'blur' from my motocross photo experience:

[​IMG]

And a brown pelican who decided to see who the freak in a shirt and tie was:

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking in, lunchtime today was fun...

-Brett

EDIT: Corrected Reddish Egret ID to LBH with the help of Snoop Franky Flew

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Brett. We should all have such lunches. Can only add that the 'Reddish' is actually a LBH. :biggrin:

3. Frank,

Are you sure that it's not a juvenile reddish egret. It's body language sure indicates reddish.

Muril

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Muril,

Sure, why no. Pretty sure, yeah. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm looking primarily at the beak. My Sibley shows the reddish as pink or yellow, with a black tip. The LGH beak is bluish with a black tip.

Are you going over to the Eagles nest Saturday?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Brett,
    those are just great.
    who cares if the background is dark.. I WORKS :>))

snoweys are always bent out of shape lolol

LBH or Reddish yes they dance like crazy dico dancers and the image shows that well...

All great Lunch shots.

How long is lunch, all afternoon ...lololol

6. Gale, Bolsa Chica is 10 minutes from work and I was there for 45 minutes today...it helped to park along Pacific Coast Highway (illegally) and hang out at the 'dam' part, I didn't wander farther than 20 feet from the car...

I'm flopping toward the Reddish right now, due to the leg color matching the description...

7. scutmonkey

scutmonkey Guest

Nice work Brett! So this is where you hide all your new Bolsa shots...:biggrin:

-jeff

8. Humm took only a 45 minute lunch break.. must be nice...

Well let see the water or background is so dark since you had to probably compensate for the bright white bird correct?

9. Scutmonkey, that's a great name!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Eric, yep, the sun was so harsh it made for a great shot of the Great Egret ;)

How long do you get for lunch, 1 hour is pretty standard in the automotive industry! I'm going to start hitting Bolsa on lunch more often, it was a nice break from the norm...

11. Great series Brett!

12. I just take 30 minutes that way they let me out of here 30 minutes earlier.. i have a 8-4:30 deal now... Hoping I can get the 4-10 shift next year ....

13. Some more of the Reddish or whatever you want to call it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are absolute dirt compared to Ben's, but this displays his erraticism...

14. Guess you blew the reputation you were developing out here with those last two posts.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

15. What are you trying to say!!!!!!! Critique away!