Todays mixed bag

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Just a few from today. These are not very good shots as the light was pretty flat most of the morning. I have to have some excuse you know. There is getting to be a good variety of ducks at Juanita and I wanted to test my recent firmware upgrade to the D2x. It looks promising.

Buffleheads taking off
    original.

View attachment 18060

The hooded mergansers are back

View attachment 18061

Then this majestic eagle flew bye. Too bad the light stunk.

View attachment 18062

Then the wood duck came close in. There were more male wood ducks than I have ever seen in one place.

View attachment 18063

And of course the kingfishers were out. Here is just one of them.

View attachment 18064

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All very good as usual.

The Eagle, no matter what is still majestic. Well captured.

I really think the Little Buffle standing up is so cute.
    All the images are great.
    Thanks for sharing these.

3. Thanks Gale. It was a pretty tough day as it was cloudy with an occasional sun break. The buffleheads are fun to watch but a real challenge to capture as the heads are so dark and the body all white. The cloud cover actually helps there. Oh and they are real fast little buggers.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

You have some pretty good shots here. I really like the Bufflehead and the Woody. Nice K-F too. :smile:

5. great stuff Jim. Love the woody shot as well as nice work on the kingfisher.
    Dave

6. Thanks but it sure would have been nice if the sun had been out for my eagle shot. I am still after that eagle in the sun. Frank you almost nailed it perfectly on yours. I will be really happy when the day comes that I can get my shot. I just have to keep trying and who knows it may happen yet.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Mixed Bag of some pretty good shottin :smile:

We could always wish for better light (I always do), but you dealt well with what you were given.

Happy to be able to view and comment.

8. Interesting ducks there, Jim! Sure would like to see some of those around here!