Today's Photography Conundrum...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retief, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I get my mail from my mailbox today and I find this big white envelope, thanking me for participating in some workshop I don't think I have ever heard of. I look, and yes, they have my name and correct address, and since I have only been at this address for a bit over a year, this is fairly recent. The letter explains what an exciting year it has been for this company, and they are happy to be sending me this wonderful camera catalog. They go on to explain, in the letter, how they are "the world leader", so on and so forth.

So what, you might be wondering, is the Conundrum?

Well, this is from Canon :eek: Dare I even open the catalog? Is it safe to have this in my house? Should I hide it from the children?

C'mon folks, help me out here, I know not what to do.......:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Ok, Ok, set it down, back away slloowwwllyyyy....

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Treat every Canon as if it were loaded.

Always keep your Canon pointed in a safe direction

Store Canons so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons

Be aware that certain types of Canons and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions

Before cleaning your Canon, make absolutely sure that it is unloaded

Its basic safety Bill. Just be careful.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    JUST SUPER PATRICK!!!

Wade

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Don't throw it away!

With winter upon us, it would be useful for starting fires.....

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    You guys aren't helping the migraine I've got going...I'm supposed to sit in the dark and be quiet...but here I am laughing my rear end off! Thanks a lot!!!!

7. *Klaxons Blaring*
    RED ALERT! RED ALERT! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!
    Nikon Gold Team, Respond!

*Jarring Chord*
    NOBODY EXPECTS THE CANON INQUISITION!
    [​IMG]
    Our chief weapon is surprise, surprise and fear fear and surprise and a Nikon D200, 17-35 AFS, 70-200 VR, flamethrower, and of course the IJN Battleships Yamato and Musashi*
    yamato-f.
    *(The IJN battleships Yamato and Musashi were the largest ever built in the world- they featured 9 18-inch guns which were aimed by the largest optical rangefinders ever made- Guess who made them? Nippon Kogaku K.K., which later became known as the Nikon corporation.)

We can properly dispose of the offending material with the battleships. Please take care to have your home removed from the firing area.
    CARDINAL? FIRE! :eek: *Boom*
    bb62firing3.
    *whistle*
    BRRRRUMMMMMMM
    [​IMG]

Remember, only you can prevent Canon Switchers!
    Take Care. Good Night, and Good Luck.
    Harrison Diamond
    Grand Inquisitor of the Canon Inquisition (the guy in the gold inquisitor-priest's robes (black accents, nikon colors!) with a D200+MB-D200+70-200)

8. and for an honest response, set fire to it immediately and get pictures!

9. Harrison this is hilarious == ROFLMAO !!!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Bill,

I heard a news story today on the radio about a newly discovered hole in the Windows operating system that allows unfettered access to one's hard drive [highlight]merely by opening an email![/highlight]

It looks like Canon may have stumbled upon a similar hole in Nikon's security that will give them control of your camera [highlight]merely by opening this snail mail![/highlight]

If you must open it, place the envelope in a dark room, close and lock the door, and examine it only with a #10 safelight and night vision goggles. Use a dead-man switch incase you lose control during observation. Above all, send your Nikon equipment to a trusted forum mate (ok, I'll volunteer) just in case.

These snail-mail viruses can be deadly.

11. I feel there's been a great disturbance in the Force!

Then our worse fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

To a dark place this line of thought will take us. Great care we must take.

And to Bill :
    You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leaving it in Darkness!

12. Well.............are you running low on toilet paper???

careful it might chafe a bit.

13. Cross cut paper shredder
    or
    light a fire in the fire place
    or

are you stocked with toilet tissue?

dang.... Matt beat me to it...... :lol:

14. Harrison, I can't breathe!! I am laughing so hard! Good for you! I echo your sentiments, I just wish I could put them as eloquently as you!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

15. Bill,

Have you considered using it as a liner for a bird cage or litter box?? I wouldn't handle it too long, it might be toxic!!!:biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    So on the other hand, perhaps you should see if they are willing to include a free camera and some lenses. They have been known to do that in the past, to ply influential users they feel could be used as marketing pointmen. (I knew folks who were subsidized when the FD mount was phased out.) See if you can get a 5D and a coupla 'L' lenses outa them. It might be worth a laugh.

17. This is exactly what I needed to finish this year properly. My stomach is aching, my laughing woke up the baby and I cannot continue PPing my pics because I have tears in my eyes and would oversharpen every image because all look blurred.

But (since someone posted a Monty Python pic) remember:
    Always look on the bright side of life ...
    ... you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what've you lost -
    Nothing!

Happy New Year!!!

18. Bill, I think you should take everyone's advice here; blow them up harrison style, burn them, use it as toilet paper, bird cage liner, etc. then send the ashes and remains back to Canon in a box.

Now canon will know what we think of their junk:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Post in Canon forum at DPR...lolololol

This has all just got me

ROFLMAO

(hummm Chris might be right)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2006
  20. Hey guys--what's a canon?

:)