Today's Porch Offerings...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jim Strathearn, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Here's a little BBQ primer... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shots Jim. Looks like you got really close on those last two. :smile:

3. Thanks Frank! But I can't take the credit for getting all that close. It was more the magic of the crop tool in NC... :rolleyes: They are about 60% the size of the original. I used that new up-size method (that I posted) to enlarge the cardinal and the tit with the tongue sticking out to 8 x 10. The cardinal came out superb and the tit came out OK. It's not as sharp as the cardinal and it was cropped more... But at a foot away, it looks pretty good. I'm getting to like these D2H cameras... :rolleyes:

4. I like them? Are they taken using 300 f.4 or 500 f/4 (I guess the later)?

5. Thanks Sam. You are correct; the 500P and 1.6 TC.

6. Wow, Jim these are great shots. You were right on top of these guys it looks like.

Louie

7. Thanks Louie! 800mm will make it look like that... :rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin:

8. Beautiful as always, Jim! Got a bar b que date set yet?

9. WildBill

WildBill

Mar 20, 2006
    Hammonton, New Jersey
    Bill
    Great sutff Jim!! Tack sharp!!

Bill

10. Very very nice
    Irv

11. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Great shots Jim. I need to work on my Titmouse shots. They keep moving too fast for me and my 500P.

12. Thanks Dianne. Nope, haven't settled on a date yet. I'm kind of working on something interesting to photograph and that is date dependant... :rolleyes:

Thanks Bill!

Thanks Irv. Snow Geese are pretty much gone from Middle Creek. Where is your next stop?

Thanks Chris. I have the TC16a to help me... :wink:

13. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: A barbeque primer???? You plan on serving fricasseed Cardinals and Tit-Mice?????? Oh nooo, it would take half a dozen to make a good meal!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

Excellent images, Jim... Love the tongue in the second shot.

14. Hey - we're on a strict food budget and these guys are pretty much free. So what it if takes 3 dozen to make a meal! :rolleyes: :eek: :biggrin: :tongue:

Thanks for looking Sandi.

15. Nice shots Jm. Since I put up the feeder a while back, it has enticed the pair of cardinals that nest nearby to visit my deck often. It seems the birds know where the food is now. Now if I can just get out there and get some pics...been so busy lately. Looking forward to the BBQ.

16. Nice Shots, good exposure and sharp

17. They look good to me the D2H fiels can be cropped and it creates a great lookign image as you have proven

18. Thanks Rich! I never knew how many different little birdies we had at the house until I started photographing them. It's fun!

Thanks Gary!

Thanks Mike! I think you got me hooked on this stuff!:rolleyes: :biggrin: