1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Today's porch shots... (BBQ Primer!)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jim Strathearn, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Well, I called a meeting of all the big-wigs on the porch to discuss the upcoming (regional/local?) Cafe BBQ. They all think I need a bigger house... :rolleyes:  Anyway, here's a photo-roll call of those big-wigs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Daddy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope I can pull this thing off... :eek: 

D2H, 500P, TC16a

Tell me honestly - are my little birdie shots better this year then last? I think the AF-TC has been a tremendous help. What do yo think?

2. these are fantastic love the chipping sparrow they are tack sharp Jim

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think they are excellent

4. Great, sharp shots! I can tell the local temperature by the fluff gauge on these little guys. Normally, gold finches are pretty sleek. Quite the porch view you've got there, Jim!

5. Thanks Mike! I think I may have found the "little birdie" combo for me!

6. Beautiful shot Jim, excellent job with them.

Louie

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Sharp, no doubt, great poses and subjects, you sure you don't have them stuffed?

Bravo

Wade

8. Fantastic series every one is a winner I think the Audubon could use you to provide pictures for their bird books. Between you and Glaicer could upgrade most books.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Jim. Looks like the old D2H has some life left yet. :biggrin:

10. Thanks Gale.

Thanks Sandi. It's been cold here recently. These guys are going through bird feed as quickly as we can fill up the feeders. We have six feeders out and are filling them at least twice a week! They always eat more when it's cold...

11. Thanks Louie!

LOL! Thanks Wade! (BTW - the stuffed ones are too hard to pose correctly...) :rolleyes: 

Thanks Gary!

Thanks Frank. I hope they have some life left in them! BTW, I've upsized some images and had 20 x 30 and 16 x 20 prints made and they look just fine. I think I can get to like these old work horses... :wink:

12. nice shooting Jim.. I too like the sparrow.. great shot., some of them seem a bit tight, like the gold finches., personal choice for sure., but the sparrow looks great with some room around it.

13. Great shots Jim!

Anthony

14. Thanks Ray. I re-cropped the one Goldfinch shot. Is that better?

15. Thanks Anthony!

16. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Very nice Jim. The color on the Goldfinches is great. Do you still want the 500 AF-S or is the 500P + TC-16a enough for now?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to the BBQ.

17. Beautifully captured Jim. Very sharp combination you have there. Some of the best that I've seen!

18. Thanks Chris. Sorry about the BBQ. Maybe another time..

Yup, I'd love a 500 AFS-II VR-II lens... :rolleyes:  :wink: :biggrin: But this combo will do until then. :wink: Besides, I get 800mm this way. :biggrin:

19. Thanks Bob. It's taken me a while to get everything tuned up but I think I'm doing much better this year then last. Maybe all that crap they say about patience is correct! (Nah...) :rolleyes:  :biggrin:

20. Those are serious great shots. I was not around last year but the detail (Big Daddy) is just fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.