Today's porch shots... (BBQ Primer!)

Well, I called a meeting of all the big-wigs on the porch to discuss the upcoming (regional/local?) Cafe BBQ. They all think I need a bigger house... :rolleyes: Anyway, here's a photo-roll call of those big-wigs:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Big Daddy:

I hope I can pull this thing off... :eek:

D2H, 500P, TC16a

Tell me honestly - are my little birdie shots better this year then last? I think the AF-TC has been a tremendous help. What do yo think?

Great, sharp shots! I can tell the local temperature by the fluff gauge on these little guys. Normally, gold finches are pretty sleek. Quite the porch view you've got there, Jim!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Sharp, no doubt, great poses and subjects, you sure you don't have them stuffed?

Bravo

Wade

Fantastic series every one is a winner I think the Audubon could use you to provide pictures for their bird books. Between you and Glaicer could upgrade most books.

I think they are excellent
Thanks Gale.

Great, sharp shots! I can tell the local temperature by the fluff gauge on these little guys. Normally, gold finches are pretty sleek. Quite the porch view you've got there, Jim!
Thanks Sandi. It's been cold here recently. These guys are going through bird feed as quickly as we can fill up the feeders. We have six feeders out and are filling them at least twice a week! They always eat more when it's cold...

Beautiful shot Jim, excellent job with them.

Louie
Thanks Louie!

Sharp, no doubt, great poses and subjects, you sure you don't have them stuffed?

Bravo

Wade
LOL! Thanks Wade! (BTW - the stuffed ones are too hard to pose correctly...) :rolleyes:

Fantastic series every one is a winner I think the Audubon could use you to provide pictures for their bird books. Between you and Glaicer could upgrade most books.
Thanks Gary!

Excellent set Jim. Looks like the old D2H has some life left yet. :biggrin:
Thanks Frank. I hope they have some life left in them! BTW, I've upsized some images and had 20 x 30 and 16 x 20 prints made and they look just fine. I think I can get to like these old work horses... :wink:

Very nice Jim. The color on the Goldfinches is great. Do you still want the 500 AF-S or is the 500P + TC-16a enough for now?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to the BBQ.

Very nice Jim. The color on the Goldfinches is great. Do you still want the 500 AF-S or is the 500P + TC-16a enough for now?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to the BBQ.
Thanks Chris. Sorry about the BBQ. Maybe another time..

Yup, I'd love a 500 AFS-II VR-II lens... :rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin: But this combo will do until then. :wink: Besides, I get 800mm this way. :biggrin:

Beautifully captured Jim. Very sharp combination you have there. Some of the best that I've seen!
Thanks Bob. It's taken me a while to get everything tuned up but I think I'm doing much better this year then last. Maybe all that crap they say about patience is correct! (Nah...) :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Those are serious great shots. I was not around last year but the detail (Big Daddy) is just fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom