Today's Session - red head dude.

Discussion in 'People' started by Seneca, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Took about 20...but I'll won't bore you with all of them...just 3. His mother wanted some images with 2008 and others with 2009...weird huh?

SwimmingIMGL3472copy.jpg

COLORIMGL3449copy.jpg

HUNTER_BLACKIMGL3484copy.jpg

2. VERY nice!
    Love first one, NOT easy doing gingers (UK speak for redhead ;)).
    Second one, only thing can see, and HATE pointing anything out and may be me/my monitor, but your great new background has caught him just right so looks like his hair is "electrified" on "fire" in center. But then fiery redhead and all that ;)

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You're right...didn't even notice that. Will have to fix it. I do have another image where he's in a different part of that background...perhaps I'll use that one. Thanks for pointing it out. Trust me I want you and others to find errors. It will help me look at this next time. I'll have to get use to this new background. Thanks again.

Another thing is...he was so red (sunburned) that I just kept thinking my eyes were deceiving me. He definately had a challenging skin type.

4. tamplum

tamplum

Feb 15, 2008
    Sacramento
    Nice shots. Little confused why the 2008 or 09? What year is he actually graduating? I would think he would want his graduation year on the photos, whatever that is.

I like the 1st, obviously swimming is his sport and it shares that well. And the last one is nice too. I personally thought of Mr. Heatmiser on the 2nd too. The flames on the head. But other than that, the picture works.

5. OpenBloom

OpenBloom

Jun 6, 2008
    KY
    I like #2 and 3 best....but maybe have him sit up more straight in #3 (unless that's already been suggested).

:)

6. I think you did an excellent job on these!:biggrin:

I know from being a red head (and being married to one, and having a red headed son) that our skin is VERY difficult to get right in photos.
    [email protected] us and our red/pink sensitive-to-light skin tones!:biggrin:

I say the fact that he doesn't look like a lobster, an orange, or a ghost, means you got the skin JUST RIGHT.

YAY!
    Now teach me how you did that so that I can get good pictures of my husband, my dad, and my son, please.:smile:

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Actually he's not a senior, parents just wanted images of Hunter. His school pictures were lost - so his parents wanted something a little different. I know it was weird when she asked if I could print 2008 & 2009 on the images. Ok some people I just don't understand...but hey if they are paying me I'll put 2015 on them if they want. :biggrin:

Unfortunately it was what it was. When I asked him to sit straight, it just didn't look natural. So I told him to relax and that's what I got. Mom said "He always sits hunched over". Thank you for the kind words.

Funny! :biggrin: I think red-heads are beautiful! My son had red hair when he was born and I was like "Now where the heck did that come from?" Ok really thought I had the wrong child - but then again...I saw him being born, hubby was there too. My husband has a red headed aunt - those gene on my husband side are powerful. Well my son's hair fell out and it it grew back blonde, now 16 years later it's brown...go figure:confused:

Thanks again everyone. I'm not loving 3 but they wanted a black background. I changed the font on the text...just didn't like it hard to read.

8. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Very nicely done. I like #1 the best. I think it's because of the clean background, and the color contrast between his skin tone and the blue water. It would also make a great poster, all you need is the olympic circles in it and he'd be set...hehe.

The only thing that I can think of, if I were the photographer or the client, would be to maybe see if in photoshop you could remove the braces from his teeth.

But overall these are great. I'm sure he'll love them.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yeah he'll look back in 20 years and wished these images were not taken since he does have braces. All well. Thanks for the nice comments.