Today's view through the bedroom window

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SteveK, Oct 3, 2008.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Our pond froze over yesterday, and this morning we're getting snow for the second time this week. Here's the view from our bedroom windows at 9:30 this morning.

[​IMG]

2. Well, I guess The Coldman Cometh* to the North Country. Here it's beautifully clear with brilliant fall foliage just coming in. I enjoyed Alaska in July, but no thanks for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*This is the title of a very enjoyable book on the Alaska bush by Bob Durr.

3. I wish I had a bedroom like yours:rolleyes:...Nice shot

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice composition. I really like the muted tones :)

5. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    We're actually a bit late getting snow this year.

Yes, it's nice looking out the windows from the bed! The bedroom is on the second floor. Here's a view of the house from across the pond.

[​IMG]

Thanks, but I'd be happier with sunny skies! We've had too much cloudy/rainy, and now snowy weather this year!

6. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    holy good god, i dont know if i'd want to live there year around, but i definitely would want a vacation house there, G O R G E O U S.

7. You're in wonderland....Simply a beautiful home:wink:

8. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Thanks guys, we're happy with the new house. If only we could get our electrician and plumbers to come and finish up! Soon, those mountains across the pond will block all sunlight from hitting our solar panels, and our storage batteries will be dependent on our diesel generators to get their charge every few days. It's expensive living off the grid! And thankfully, we have a neighbor with a large tractor and a 10 foot rotary snowplow to clear the 2.5 mile driveway out to the highway!

9. Great view from the house, and a great house, too. Thanks for sharing.

10. Super views and my kind of place.

11. Beautiful view, but how about keeping that white stuff up there until, say mid-December?

12. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Sure Brian, we'll keep it all winter if you want! I like the white stuff, the quiet of winter, and being able to keep track of the animals passing, as tracks in the snow tell all!