Tokina 100mm macro ?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by HAVOC, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Asking for a friend if anyone has used the Tokina 100mm macro ? he has bought a D70's and wants a good macro lens, I have the Tamron 90mm and think it's great,how does it compare to the Tamron ? Thanks for any help.

2. Is this a recently released lens?

3. Tokina 100mm macro

Yes the lens is new as far as I can gather, I can only find one UK website that sells it at the moment.

4. I may be wrong but I read somewhere that this is a replacement of Tokina 90 2.5 which has been discontinued. The reviews on 90 2.5 has been very positive.

5. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The old Tokina MF macro was a classic, a lot of people still use and love that lens. If they've updated it with AF and the latest coatings while maintaining the same optical excellence it should be a great lens.

6. I just read a review of this new Tokina lens in a photography magazine, but I don't remember which one. The review was very positive and it scored very well, the reviewer saying it was one of the best lenses they've tested in this range. They also confirmed that the lens is a replacement for the old Tokina 90 mm macro.