Tokina 11-16 Does Vegas

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Dawgneck, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Dawgneck

Dawgneck

Apr 25, 2007
    So Cal
    Thought I'd take my seldom used Tokina 11-16mm to Vegas. All shots hand-held with the D200. Nothing special. Everything set to Program. No flash.

I could do a lot better, but liquor and major losses add up....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Image below was shot through hotel room window
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2008
  2. Nice job!
    Darn I LOVE Vegas (no idea why), good job am going later this month, you have me wanting to be there now!

3. Nice! Love pics #3 and 5. The Mirage in pic #3 and the ceiling in pic #5 have a surreal quality to them. I've only had my 11-16 on my D200 for a week now and am having a lot of fun with it. I have shot some bicycles from ground level about one foot behind the rear wheel and it sure gives a whole new perspective to them. Thanks for showing us how well this lens performs.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

4. Dawgneck

Dawgneck

Apr 25, 2007
    So Cal
    Thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, I didn't use the lens properly in Vegas to capture more useful and telling ultra-wide angle photos. The original photos look better, but I resized them with ACDsee to share and things got pretty dark.

Sadly, I sold the lens (along with my D200 w/grip and the 17-55) on Monday. My brother put a down payment on the D300 and I'm currently looking at the D700.

I've decided to ditch DX and go FX. I don't think I'll buy another ultra wide angle for the D700/3 as I didn't use the 11-16 much and $1,600 for the 14-24 is too much for me, especially since I can't protect it with a filter.

If a great deal on a used D3 presents itself before I purchase the D700, I may pick one up.

Thanks for reading.

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    how did you get pictures of slots without getting tossed out ?

6. I was wondering the same thing!

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Me three!

8. Dawgneck

Dawgneck

Apr 25, 2007
    So Cal
    Although I didn't use a flash, thus attracting much attention, I think the hotels don't worry about people taking pictures of slots as much as the card and crap tables.

As a matter of fact, I saw a lot of people taking pictures of slot machines.

I was a afraid of pushing my luck at the tables.... If you notice in the few "table" pics, nobody is playing....

And I have to say I gambled at a lot of black jack tables with my gear around my neck and nobody ever said anything, but I didn't attempt to take a picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Empty table
    [​IMG]

9. good job, thanks for sharing.. i want this lens too. :)