Tom and Charlotte - Wedding

Interesting day to say the least .... never met the couple and they thought the mother had booked me 18 months ago ... which she hadn't ! so three weeks ago I got the contract about their wedding out of the blue. Luckily I was still available !

No practice session (and it shows) and just a massive list of group shots .... at the house before the ceremony - at the church before - at the church after - at the reception !!!!!

So why they picked me I have no idea ....

So tried to get a few portraits as well as all the groups .... but was only there for a short time - and they didn't want prep / ceremony shots !

DSC_0353.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0586.jpg

5a
DSC_0645.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

6a
DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_1023.jpg

DSC_1119.jpg

DSC_1093.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

DSC_1008.jpg

DSC_6085.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

DSC_1077.jpg

DSC_6170.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

All are excellent! #14 is my favorite. Capturing the happy couple in a beautiful environment shot...

I like many of them Simon. You did well considering the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
I wish No. 4 had a better depth of field to see both of them in focus. No. 7 called for a vertical but that is just what I would have done. I like No. 9 but I wish those flowers were at waist height. No. 10 is very beautiful although he has an awkward posing. No. 12 is too casual. I like to show the couple touching each other for a more intimate look.
No. 16 is not very pleasant to me. I do not like seeing the groom holding the flowers and I would have photographed their whole bodies, cropping those flowers on the right that act as a distraction, but that is me.
In spite of some of the flaws I am sure that in general, the couple was pleased with your photography.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I enjoyed your set. Great job.

Thanks

I like many of them Simon. You did well considering the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
I wish No. 4 had a better depth of field to see both of them in focus. No. 7 called for a vertical but that is just what I would have done. I like No. 9 but I wish those flowers were at waist height. No. 10 is very beautiful although he has an awkward posing. No. 12 is too casual. I like to show the couple touching each other for a more intimate look.
No. 16 is not very pleasant to me. I do not like seeing the groom holding the flowers and I would have photographed their whole bodies, cropping those flowers on the right that act as a distraction, but that is me.
In spite of some of the flaws I am sure that in general, the couple was pleased with your photography.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thanks William

#4 is intentional and #7 the vertical looked too bland and boring. Yes #9 was a grab shot so unposed with the flowers.
#12 is supposed to be casual - I get both ways and find more and more people are moving to wanting the casual just as much in print. We have to move with the times.
#16 is just a fun shot - the comp works by framing the couple and drawing the viewer in which cropping would destroy.

#10 is so cool...

Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom