Tomorrow is here today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Do any of you oldtimers remember the 1964 World's Fair? There was an exhibit where they showed examples of
    products of the future, and one of them was a video-phone.

My kids are both in the high tech industry, and try to upgrade our technology every Christmas... a digital camera in
    2001, a dvd player in 2002, a wireless network in 2003, and last year, one of those tiny webcams and a headset. We
    didn't find the last one very useful, because we couldn't find a delivery service that was worth a damn.

Yesterday, my daughter called and talked me through upgrading to the just released version of MSN Messenger, and
    then we had a video conference. It was awesome! The resolution was good enough to enlarge the picture to full screen,
    and the audio was duplex.

If any of you have a webcam, make sure to upgrade to the new MSN Messenger. Heck, let me know and we'll
    give it a try!

2. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I'm not purty enuf to be in FRONT of the kamry.. :)

3. THe 1964 Worlds fair? I remember that. I rememeber the IBM exhibit as being the best and that was the first time I saw The Disney Its a Small Small World. The video conference is neat. I have been doing that for the last two years with my MAC. It is fun, even if you are not too pretty.

Gil