Tomorrow...

Z6 should be here tomorrow with the 24-70 you guys forced me to get (totally against my will) and the ftz adapter :-p

I’ll be happily (predicted) back in the Nikon family very shortly.

I almost forgot the memory card, but I called back and added it just in time!

Trying to decide between an SB-700 or biting the bullet and getting the SB-5000 first with a subsequent SB-500 in the next few months. Lenses first, though!

Real Name
Ian
I hope you enjoy the camera. I'm liking mine with the 24-70 and adapted AF-S glass.

Regarding the flash, I picked up a Flashpoint V860 II from Adorama. $180, comes with a rechargeable LiOn battery that literally lasts forever, and is completely compatible with the entire Godox/Flashpoint lighting system.

Everything came - except the XQD card At least I can play with it some. First impression is that it definitely needs a grip. I have pretty normal sized hands, and it’s a little on the short side. Going to try an old 50/1.4 Ai lens on it with the adapter shortly to check out the manual focus goodies.

The good news is that it feels similar enough to my last bodies that there doesn’t seem like a huge learning curve. I’ll need to reprogram the fn buttons, though.

Everything came - except the XQD card At least I can play with it some. First impression is that it definitely needs a grip. I have pretty normal sized hands, and it’s a little on the short side. Going to try an old 50/1.4 Ai lens on it with the adapter shortly to check out the manual focus goodies.

The good news is that it feels similar enough to my last bodies that there doesn’t seem like a huge learning curve. I’ll need to reprogram the fn buttons, though.
+1 on the grip, got mine about a month ago and every time I use it I say the same damn thing lol

Mine will be here today from B&H
I THOUGHT I had preordered the grip as soon as it was announced via Adorama. Apparently I failed to complete the transaction. By the time I figured out that I didn’t have one on order, I figured I’d just wait until after Christmas once they’re in stock. A few more weeks won’t make a difference at this point. I still can’t wait to get one, though. I’ve gotten used to the size, but a little more height will feel better to me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom