Tom's Island

Hi Y'all,

My personal highlight of the MI VI shoot was the boat ride I took with Tom Carver to an island in the Indian River that serves as a rookery for some of our local birds.
If you are area between January and March it would be well worth your time to take a ride with Tom.

The first stop was an osprey nest on the river. The only problem was that we got to dang close for my 300mm f/4. Next time I'll use my 70-200
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The island's population included great blue herons

reddish egrets

and lots of spoonbills

Wonderful, Harry! I agree that the trip to the island rookery on Tom Carver's boat was definitely a major highlight of my first Merritt experience! We went on Tuesday morning and even though it was rather chilly and the day started out cloudy, it was an adventure not to be missed. Birds everywhere we looked -- it was dazzling!

Wonderful, Harry! I agree that the trip to the island rookery on Tom Carver's boat was definitely a major highlight of my first Merritt experience! We went on Tuesday morning and even though it was rather chilly and the day started out cloudy, it was an adventure not to be missed. Birds everywhere we looked -- it was dazzling!

Thanks Connie, I was glad that I waited towards the end of the week to take the trip. It was chilly when we started out but warmed up later. You must have been frozen earlier in the week.

Harry:
Yep, it WAS quite the adventure wasn't it? Our boat rides certainly expanded our imaging opportunities considerably. I'll be ready for another boat ride during MIVII.
The ride out and back certainly expanded my tolerance for cold :eek::smile:

Wish we had hit the Osprey nest first - Harry, you had some nice light there.

Don

Harry:
Yep, it WAS quite the adventure wasn't it? Our boat rides certainly expanded our imaging opportunities considerably. I'll be ready for another boat ride during MIVII.
Thanks Dave and i'm going to try to get out again on the baot before the end of the month. I can't wait until MI VII.

WOW Harry! Looks like a well worth it trip! and with reasonable glass too!:eek:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom