Tony Kuyper released TK2 v2 update this week

I heard about them at a meeting a few years ago. I bought the panel and have kept updating them. However, I have not bothered to learn to use it. Talk about dumb, lazy, whatever. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They are extremely powerful and easy to use once you understand them. Tony Kuyper has a few video tutorials, but it is Sean Bagshaw that has the best and most comprehensive guides. Very highly recommended. Would not post process in PS without their luminosity masks.

I do not use every button, just as I do not use every menu option in PS. Only what you need.

Sean offers a free TK6 (previous version) basic luminosity panel. A great intro to using Luminosity Masks in post-processing.

They are extremely powerful and easy to use once you understand them. Tony Kuyper has a few video tutorials, but it is Sean Bagshaw that has the best and most comprehensive guides. Very highly recommended. Would not post process in PS without their luminosity masks.

I do not use every button, just as I do not use every menu option in PS. Only what you need.

Sean offers a free TK6 (previous version) basic luminosity panel. A great intro to using Luminosity Masks in post-processing.
Agree with Alex, pretty much use these panels for every image great for landscape but also works very well for portraiture, and wildlife. Any time you need to apply an adjustment the masks created in the panel help to target those adjustments. Curves, hue/saturation, D&B, Plug-in results can all benefit from application through a targeted mask. Like Alex I don’t use every button or action and just recently started using the masks based on color rather than luminosity. Sean Bagshaw’s tutorials are really very comprehensive but also easy to follow.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I updated my TK actions today! Now back to Sean's videos - which are EXCELLENT!

BTW - for those that don't know, the TK actions allow the creation of intricate masks to then apply levels, curves, HSL adjustments and a whole lot more!!!!! EXTREMELY powerful!

I've just watched half of the videos. A lot to take in. I like that several of the functions I use, e.g. content aware fill, flattening layers, etc, are one click options.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It has many one-button shortcuts for PS functionality.
You take it in slowly. Use what you need.
Sean gives you a workflow too.

I use many of the options, esp the Luminosity Masks 1-6 for Lights and Darks. I use the Darks Triple Play (awesome), as the close to last process.The Freehand Vignette is great for some images. I like the Vibrance and Saturation Masks.Invoking.

I saved an action for my copyright so my last process is to cut to web size (I use 900 pixels). It resizes, web sharpens and adds copyright all in one button.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom