Too Close For Me.....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good grief!

It looks like a very nice, attractive, well kept home. But even so, could you live there?

Fabulous shot Alan. Great use of the new lens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good grief!

It looks like a very nice, attractive, well kept home. But even so, could you live there?

Fabulous shot Alan.
Thanks, Peter. I would not want to live that close to the tracks. That train was barreling down through there, too.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Couldn't pay me to live there!! Way too close, and can you imagine how many cracks must be in the foundation??

That said, excellent photo, Alan and PP is straight on!

No way, one of my friends lives roughly, 50 yards from a set of tracks, his house shakes every time the train passes. I would think the house in your pick would violently shake.

But your photo is great, another one to add to your great collection.

Great image and PP!
Evocative.
I used to know a house that was about as close.
The lady who lived there had been in a train accident as a child. She lost an arm and a leg.
Still lived so close to the tracks. Imagine that.

For a rail fan, living out in the hills with a railroad that close would be.... almost heaven!

Wonderful shot, Alan! The clarity is such that it could be two photos stitched together. Wonderful lights, especially in the house railings. Great feeling of motion.

The proximity is scary. I once lived in a parsonage that was about 50 feet from a N&W mainline... coal hauling out of Kentucky for northern Ohio and Detroit. The noise was deafening when trains went through. The whole house shook and it felt like an earthquake every time. I was glad to move away!

So, how long did you have to wait for the train to pass by?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom